We're Hiring!

Icegridnode not starting and other bugs

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

Icegridnode not starting and other bugs

Postby viniciuslube » Sat May 05, 2018 10:17 am

Hello, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I've unable to find an email address to contact. I'm a new user and I'm facing a few problems.

I was able to run the server for a few days on my local network, but then the client (OMERO.insight) started to crash every time I clicked on a user to change something related to the login information (such as password etc.) and no one in my local network could log onto their accounts, even though everything seemed ok from the 'admin diagnostics'. So I decided to change the LAN port I was using to get a new IP to see if that would help me, but then the 'icegridnode' is never able to start again, so I can not even access the client interface from the server workstation anymore. I'm really lost on how to sort out this problem.

I could not attach any files because the module for uploading files was limiting me to a 256 KB maximum, so I attached the Blitz-0.log and the omeroinsight.log, as well as a screenshot of the terminal (where I show some diagnostics from several commands) o a Dropbox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/s/aph6zxh1l5jgh ... s.zip?dl=0), I hope that is ok with you.

Once again, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to be posting this, but at this point, I'm really desperate trying to find a solution to these problems. Thank you for understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Vince
viniciuslube

Re: Icegridnode not starting and other bugs

Postby mtbc » Sat May 05, 2018 11:01 am

Dear Vince,

This is a fine place to post to ask for such help. If you prefer e-mail to forums then an equal alternative would be to use http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/mail ... ome-users/. An easy way to provide logs is to zip them up then submit them to http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/ with a covering comment briefly explaining what they are concerning.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, they're certainly odd. Earlier on your server log reports validation exceptions about how users have no default group set whereas the later entries have the client reporting "Connection refused" which presumably coincides with your icegridnode issue. I think that you may have already provided enough information but please do keep us posted and in the meantime we'll try to figure what might have broken your icegridnode and what more we should ask.

Cheers,
Mark
mtbc
Team Member

Postby mtbc » Sat May 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Dear Vince,

In the same directory as Blitz-0.log is master.err: could you share the content of that file with us too please?

Cheers,
Mark
mtbc
Team Member

Postby viniciuslube » Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 am

Dear Mark,

thank you very much for the quick reply, I appreciate you are trying to help me. I attached the master.err file as you have requested.

Please, let me know if you need more information in the meantime.

Best regards,
Vince
Attachments
master.err.tar.gz
Master.err file
(451 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times
viniciuslube

Postby jmoore » Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi Vince,

Looking at everything you've sent, it looks like the server is not getting far enough along to even log having tried to startup. This suggests a configuration error. The fact that you have binary output in your master.err is also a bit odd.

Can you also send use master.out as well as the output of `bin/omero config get`? (Double-check that no passwords or other sensitive information is displayed.)

Hopefully we can track this down.
~Josh

P.S. If the output of `bin/omero config get` looks reasonable to you, you might try moving `var/` of the way and restarting:

Code: Select all
mv var var.old
bin/omero admin restart

while we look into other issues.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby viniciuslube » Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi Josh,

I appreciate you guys trying to help me, I attached the files you requested me. When I did what you suggested, it fixed the problem with the icegridnode, so now it is running. The only problem I have now is that I can't access the server with other computers in my local network. Do you know what it is causing this problem?

Once again, thank you very much!

Best,
Vince
Attachments
diagnostics.tar.gz
diagnostics and log files requested by moderator
(69.47 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
viniciuslube

Postby jmoore » Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 am

viniciuslube wrote:Hi Josh,

Hey Vince,

I appreciate you guys trying to help me

That's what we're here for.

I attached the files you requested me.

Unfortunately, they look very inconspicuous.

When I did what you suggested, it fixed the problem with the icegridnode, so now it is running. The only problem I have now is that I can't access the server with other computers in my local network. Do you know what it is causing this problem?

So now you can both:

And previously, you could do both of these from other hosts in the network? But then at some point that stopped working, correct?

Can you show us the output of ` sudo netstat -nape | grep -E ":(4064|4063|80|443)`? For me, that's:

Code: Select all
tcp        0      0 xxx.xx.xx.xxx:4064          ... 9613/glacier2router
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80                  ... 18778/nginx
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443                 ... 18778/nginx
tcp        0      0 xxx.xx.xx.xxx:4063          ... 9613/glacier2router

~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Return to User Discussion