We're Hiring!

Cannot open .nd2 files with ImageJ in Win8.1 platform

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: Cannot open .nd2 files with ImageJ in Win8.1 platform

Postby Chiara.fresia » Thu May 14, 2015 4:40 pm

...follow...

3_ I launched ImageJ-win64 from the “Fij-win64” folder It didn’t ask me to update, but I did something anyway (help>update Fiji), and the following exceptions were: 3-Fiji win64-ImageJ64, updater done
3-Fiji win64-ImageJ64, updater done.jpg
3-Fiji win64-ImageJ64, updater done.jpg (223.31 KiB) Viewed 3397 times

4__ I RE-launched ImageJ-win32 from the “Fiji nojre” folder. It didn’t ask me to update, but I did something anyway (help>update Fiji), and the following exceptions were: 4-Fiji nojre-ImageJ32 updater done. Just few differences, I don’t know if useful or not!
4-Fiji nojre-ImageJ32 updater done.jpg
4-Fiji nojre-ImageJ32 updater done.jpg (219.04 KiB) Viewed 3397 times

Hoping to have done things well, more hoping this all can help you understand, I look forward your answer.
Thank you very much
Chiara
Chiara.fresia

Postby rleigh » Fri May 15, 2015 10:53 am

I can see there's definitely a problem here, but we have not yet been able to reproduce it. We have tried on three different systems now without success.

To confirm we're testing with the correct data, I'm testing with the image "PA 01_M001.nd2" uploaded in QA11068. Is this is the image you're using when you got the above failure messages? If not, would it be possible to upload the image which shows the failure, plus any companion files (if any)--if there is more than one file you can zip them up and upload the zip file.

Thanks,
Roger
rleigh

Postby rleigh » Mon May 18, 2015 9:28 am

Thanks for uploading the image. I've tested again on Windows 8.1 x64 with Fiji and the bftools showinf command with 64-bit Java 8u45. With the image "1_001.nd2" it imports correctly in all cases. Can I confirm this exactly the same image you used when you made the above two screenshots?

Also, could you try opening a command prompt (cmd.exe) and running "set", then pasting the results here. This will tell us which environment variables are set on your system, in case one of them is overriding something.

Thanks,
Roger
rleigh

Postby Dominik » Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 am

I also tested to open the file in the same environment (Windows 8.1, ImageJ 1.48v, Bioformats 5.1.1, Java 1.8.0_45), no problem. No idea what would might cause the issue.

Cheers,
Dominik
Dominik
Team Member

Postby Chiara.fresia » Tue May 19, 2015 1:22 pm

Here me are.
I attache the "set" runned.
I'm sorry to bother you, but I really have no idea. It hhas never worked, nor with Fiji, on this PC...

Thank you

Chiara
Attachments
cmd.set runned.tif
cmd
cmd.set runned.tif (44.39 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
Chiara.fresia

Postby rleigh » Wed May 20, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks for the set command output. I can't see anything obviously wrong here I'm afraid.

I'm sorry not to be able to help more here. If this works on other computers and not this one, it certainly looks like this is something specific wrong with the software on this computer, or its configuration somehow. From the testing we have done here on four separate systems, we can't identify any faults with Windows, Java, ImageJ, Fiji or Bio-Formats. We can't rule out that a bug may exist with absolute certainty, but unless we can reproduce the problem ourselves with your data, we don't have anything concrete to investigate and fix.

The only thing I can suggest to follow up is to uninstall and delete all traces of ImageJ, Fiji, and Java, and then re-download them and reinstall, and see if that helps. If you do find a way of reproducing the failure on other systems, please do let us know, and we can continue to look at this.

Kind regards,
Roger Leigh
rleigh

Postby Chiara.fresia » Thu May 21, 2015 10:09 am

Dear Robert, Dear all
even if I couldn't manage, an informatics technician of my university uninstalled everything and, just as I thought I had done, reinstalled; first of all JAVA.
Now it works : ImgeJ 1.48v, Bioformats 5.1.1, Java 1.8.4_45, 32 bit.
I still am unable to understand what had happened, an WHY it didn’t work with me, but now it works, and that’s more important.
I thank you all very much for all your time and patience,
Good luck for everything

Chiara
Chiara.fresia

Postby sbesson » Fri May 22, 2015 7:49 am

Dear Chiara,

thanks for letting us know about the outcome of this and glad to hear everything is working after reinstallation.
Let us know if you encounter any additional issue,

Best,
Sebastien
sbesson
Team Member

Previous

Return to Installation and Deployment