We're Hiring!

password for web login

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

password for web login

Postby nagreen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi: Just installed Omero and was able to get logged in to weblogin to a normal new database. Only we are exporting a database from another server and plunking it down on this new server. So I made a dump of the new database, dropped the database, and imported the database from the other server. Went fine.

However, I'm unable to login via the webform or command line as the same user as the old server. I'm not even sure what to put in there. The passwords are different, but I've tried just about every password that I can think of. I've tried to create a new user via the command line (omero user add user fname lname 2) but it prompts for a password there too. No matter what I type, it says it is wrong.

Any ideas? Can I just reset all of these passwords somehow? Is there any way I can just plop a new user into postgres?
nagreen

Re: password for web login

Postby atarkowska » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi

could you look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8030&p=16952&hilit=reset+password#p16952? There is a good example.

Ola
atarkowska

Postby nagreen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 pm

I found a backup dump from June and discovered my initial dump wasn't right. I went back and did that restore, then I went back and redid the upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 and now it works. Whew!
nagreen

Postby mtbc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Thank you for letting us know it's now working -- that's indeed a relief. :)

Cheers,
Mark
mtbc
Team Member

Return to Installation and Deployment