We're Hiring!

Synchronization took means???

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Synchronization took means???

Postby saleht » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:36 pm

because of i still have Sometimes issue With Authentication either throw Desktop App or Web App, either throw ldap user or root user "database user" that during Authentication it just looping then timeout message, if i try second or thrid time like refresh it will work again. it is really annoying, i am from 1 week trying to solve it but not success. i was checking logs in the Blitz.log file.
i saw
Code: Select all
Synchronization took 36 ms

and sometimes
Synchronization took 72 ms

what thats means ?
and you told me that i have performance issue, i am sure it is not performance issue.
pls any idea to help.
saleht

Re: Synchronization took means???

Postby jmoore » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Saleh,

saleht wrote:because of i still have Sometimes issue With Authentication either throw Desktop App or Web App, either throw ldap user or root user "database user" that during Authentication it just looping then timeout message, if i try second or thrid time like refresh it will work again. it is really annoying, i am from 1 week trying to solve it but not success.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clear picture of what's going on. Here's what I understand:

• You are having troubles logging in (and have always had these troubles with this server).
  • This happens the first time you login, but then works successfully afterwards.
  • This happens from insight (Desktop) as well as web.
  • This happens for the "root" user, for an LDAP user, and for a non-LDAP user.

Assuming that is current, here are some questions:
  • Have you tried from the CLI as well?
  • Does this always happen the first time you try to login after having restarted the server?
  • Is there anything else in the log after it happens?

i was checking logs in the Blitz.log file.
i saw
Synchronization took 36 ms

and sometimes
Synchronization took 72 ms

what thats means ?

Periodically (every 30 minutes by default) the server checks that all the live sessions are still valid, cleaning up stale sessions where appropriate.

and you told me that i have performance issue, i am sure it is not performance issue.
pls any idea to help.

Understood. But we'll need to pinpoint what's going wrong before we can help.
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Return to Installation and Deployment