We're Hiring!

Listing groups and experimenters via webgateway api

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Listing groups and experimenters via webgateway api

Postby ofuica » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi,

I would like be using the webgateway api to read the groups, experimenters, project, datasets and images. Now I can read projects, datasets and images with any problem, but I could not retrieve the group list and experimenters of a group. The idea is replicate this tree information (groups -> experimenters -> projects -> datasets -> images) just using webgateway.

Is possible to implement that?. If the response is yes, would you give me an url with more information?

Thank you

Osvaldo
ofuica

Re: Listing groups and experimenters via webgateway api

Postby wmoore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Osvaldo,

I'm afraid the webgateway api is probably a little limited in what you need.
You'll need to use the webclient api, which is what we use for the webclient browser app.
We haven't documented the webclient api because it is mostly considered an "internal" data resource for the app. It is not guaranteed to stay stable for minor releases of OMERO (although we would try not to make breaking changes).

You can list groups

webclient/api/groups/

Experimenters, optionally filtering by group

/webclient/api/experimenters/?group=3

Containers are Projects, 'orphaned' Datasets (not in a Project), and Screens/Plates.
Can filter by group and/or experimenter (id)

webclient/api/containers/?group=5&id=4

You can then use webgateway methods to get Datasets & Images.
Or use webclient: Filter datasets by Project (id) and images by Dataset (id)

webclient/api/datasets/?id=1
webclient/api/images/?id=3

We are currently working on a new full-featured public json API. The first part of this will be available in the 5.3.0 release.

Regards,

Will
wmoore
Team Member

Re: Listing groups and experimenters via webgateway api

Postby ofuica » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Will,

Thank you for your answer :)

I will be waiting the new json API. it seems that I am looking for!.

Best,

Osvaldo
ofuica

Return to Developer Discussion