We're Hiring!

Moving binary repository

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: Moving binary repository

Postby ahar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi again,
Okay, with the repository set to C:\\OMERO and OMERO.master's Log on as listed as "Local System" in the Services control panel I can log in from a client.
If I change the Log on as to the domain user account and restart the service using the Services control panel I can still log in from a client.
If, at this point, I set the repository to R:\\OMERO the log in fails. If I restart the service in the Services control panel the Log on as user account sticks but it still doesn't work.
If I stop the service in the Services control panel and start it using omero admin start I get:
Code: Select all
c:\omero_dist\bin>omero admin start
No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: OMERO.master
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 2  START_PENDING
                                (NOT_STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x7d0
        PID                : 3944
        FLAGS              :

Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
.............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes

c:\omero_dist\bin>

If I stop the service using omero admin stop it disappears from the services control panel. It reappears there again after using omero admin start and is shown as running but I get the same as above in the command window and Log on as has gone back to Local System despite having set omero.windows.user as per the link you gave. (I just used omero config set omero.windows.user... at a command prompt to do that - is that how it needs to be done?)
ahar

Postby cxallan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm

One thing to note is that you can check the status without logging in at all. The errors happen when the server starts up so you should be able to check almost instantly the status of the server via the log file. If the server can't create the FullText directory in R:\OMERO it'll show up right away.

Before running bin\omero admin start, what's the output of bin\omero config get?
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby ahar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Here's the omero config get output:

Code: Select all
C:\omero_dist\bin>omero config get
omero.config.upgraded=4.2.0
omero.data.dir=R:\\OMERO
omero.ldap.base=ou=UsersOU,DC=xxxx,DC=xx,DC=xxx,DC=xx,DC=xx
omero.ldap.config=true
omero.ldap.password=xxxxxxx
omero.ldap.urls=ldap://xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx.xx.xx:389
omero.ldap.user_mapping=omeName=sAMAccountName,firstName=givenName,lastName=sn,e
mail=mail
omero.ldap.username=cn=xxxxxx xxxxxxx,OU=xxxxxxxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xx,DC=xxx,DC=xx,DC=
xx
omero.security.keyStore=c:\omero_dist\.mystore
omero.security.keyStorePassword=xxxxxxxx
omero.security.trustStore=c:\omero_dist\.truststore
omero.security.trustStorePassword=xxxxxxxxx
Error printing text
omero.windows.pass=%PASSWORD%
omero.windows.user=SBBS\omero

"Error printing text" doesn't look too clever.
I think I might start again from scratch and set the repository to the network drive from the start and see how that goes.
ahar

Postby ahar » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Bingo!
I've found that if I get the OMERO.master service to log on as a user with appropriate permissions on the repository location and specify the path to the repository on the mapped network drive in UNC format the server does start up correctly. Only snag is that when I logged in using the OMERO.insight client the Disk Space display doesn't work any more. I'll start a new thread for that one...
ahar

Previous

Return to Installation and Deployment