We're Hiring!

Difficulties with Apache config file(Omero.web)

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: Difficulties with Apache config file(Omero.web)

Postby slozosnitram » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:11 pm

manics wrote:What's in your apache error logs when you see that browser error?

When I'm getting Error 503 and Service Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at 137.43.93.26 Port 80
/apache2/error.log shows :
ErrorLog.JPG
ErrorLog.JPG (72.19 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
slozosnitram

Postby manics » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Are you running anything else on that server, and did you used to have something else running there? It looks like something is trying to connect to Apache FCGI port 4080, which shouldn't be happening since OMERO.web is configured to use a socket.

The easiest way to ensure there are no old processes running would be to reboot the server- is that possible?

Simon
manics
Team Member

Postby slozosnitram » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:58 am

manics wrote:Are you running anything else on that server, and did you used to have something else running there? It looks like something is trying to connect to Apache FCGI port 4080, which shouldn't be happening since OMERO.web is configured to use a socket.

The easiest way to ensure there are no old processes running would be to reboot the server- is that possible?

Simon

That server was previously used for something but it was given to me for testing OMERO project. Ubuntu server 14.04 Lts was reinstalled and reconfigured. Previosuly there was Ubuntu 10.something so there are no old processes left. I have only OMERO project related stuff there. Plus I can reboot server when I want ... so yesterday I rebooted it couple of times ... was trying to fix the error (adding modules etc).

Anyway I'll check once again about that socket.
slozosnitram

Postby atarkowska » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Ideally would be if you could provide real logfile not a partial screenshot as we cannot see all the important messages. Please check all the apache config files as since OMERO 5.2 we do not expect fastcgi.

If you are still having issues please provide apache error.log, OMEROweb.log matching the time you were trying to access the site.

Ola
atarkowska

Postby slozosnitram » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:33 am

atarkowska wrote:Ideally would be if you could provide real logfile not a partial screenshot as we cannot see all the important messages. Please check all the apache config files as since OMERO 5.2 we do not expect fastcgi.

If you are still having issues please provide apache error.log, OMEROweb.log matching the time you were trying to access the site.

Ola

OK .... but first I'll wipe all OMERO stuff out of the server and reinstall it.

Regards
slozosnitram

Postby slozosnitram » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:42 am

Hi Everybody,

Just to close this topic.
I reinstalled Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS and all OMERO Project related stuff as result everything started to work without any problem.
Thanks for help !!!

Regards slozosnitram
slozosnitram

Previous

Return to Installation and Deployment