We're Hiring!

Looking for a freelancer to migrate OMERO servers

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Looking for a freelancer to migrate OMERO servers

Postby jpeccoud » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:48 am

I am looking for someone with experience managing an omero server. I need help migrating an existing OMERO server (4.8) into a new server. It's urgent. I need to have completed the job by the end of May.
jpeccoud

Re: Looking for a freelancer to migrate OMERO servers

Postby jmoore » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi jpeccoud,

thanks for reaching out. If there's anyone interested on the forums, hopefully they'll contact you either here or via private message. None of the open source team members are available to help, unfortunately. We have our yearly users' meeting coming up at the end of May so the timing is a bit unfortunate. As always, though, we're happy to provide help via the public forum.

Best of luck!
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby jpeccoud » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks Josh. How big a job do you think that may be? How many hours someone with experience would need to handle that? Just as a curiosity.
jpeccoud

Postby jmoore » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Depending on the size of the database, the upgrades can take one to many hours of clock time, but it primarily consists of launching a small number of scripts. The top person time is configuring a system with the updated requirements of newer versions of OMERO, and is dependent on how well someone is familiar with the various prerequisites (Ice, PostgreSQL, Java, Python, etc.)

Hope that helps.
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby Magic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:45 am

Hi Jpeccoud.

I'm in the process of figuring out exactly how to do this right now! I'm a Python and Linux consultant who has setup and maintains an Omero server for a research lab at a top University.

I'll send you a private message and we can talk more. I'd definitely be interested in doing this for you.

Thanks.
Magic

Return to Installation and Deployment