We're Hiring!

OMERO plugin in Fiji: list viewing bug

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

OMERO plugin in Fiji: list viewing bug

Postby ppouchin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 am

Hello !

One of my user told me that she was unable to open some containers in the ImageJ plugin (in Fiji actually).

Whenever she tries to develop a dataset with more than 100 images, she gets this error (on MacOS):
Code: Select all
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.swing.table.DefaultTableCellHeaderRenderer cannot be cast to org.jdesktop.swingx.table.ColumnHeaderRenderer

I tried to replicate on Windows 10 and indeed, whenever I try to switch to a list view (by using the "view as list" button or opening a container with more than "/views/MAX_ENTRIES"), I get a similar (but slightly different) error message:
Code: Select all
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsTableHeaderUI$XPDefaultRenderer cannot be cast to org.jdesktop.swingx.table.ColumnHeaderRenderer

As a workaround, I can increase the "MAX_ENTRIES" in dataBrowser.xml, but it seems that for both of us the list view in Fiji is broken...
ppouchin

Re: OMERO plugin in Fiji: list viewing bug

Postby Dominik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am

Hi,

I just tried that with latest Fiji and OMERO plugin on OSX, hit the same error. But it doesn't happen with the standalone Insight. I will try to find out some more about the error, and hopefully come up with a bug fix.

Kind Regards,
Dominik
Dominik
Team Member

Postby Dominik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 am

Hi again,

it looks like the error is related to a more recent swingx library which comes with Fiji (the OMERO plugin uses an older version). Another workaround would be to use ImageJ (1.5) with the OMERO plugin instead of Fiji, ImageJ doesn't come with its own swingx bundled in.
I add this issue to our bug tracking system. However, as the Insight development is in 'maintenance only' mode, I can't tell how likely it is that the plugin will be updated to be compatible with more recent versions of the swingx library.

Regards,
Dominik
Dominik
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Thank you for your quick answer!

Dominik wrote:I add this issue to our bug tracking system. However, as the Insight development is in 'maintenance only' mode, I can't tell how likely it is that the plugin will be updated to be compatible with more recent versions of the swingx library.

Regards,
Dominik

Does that mean the insight plugin will be dropped... ?

Edit: I see that it is indeed deprecated.
So what will be the recommended way of working with OMERO from ImageJ/Fiji?
ppouchin

Postby Dominik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 pm

No, Insight respectively the plugin won't be dropped. It just means that new features won't be added to Insight any longer, only to the web applications.
By the way I proposed a bugfix updating the swingx library, maybe it'll get into the next OMERO release.

Regards,
Dominik
Dominik
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you for the (potential) bugfix and the clarifications!
ppouchin

Postby Dominik » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 am

No problem. Looks like the bugfix https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openm ... /pull/5591 will get into the next release!

Regards,
Dominik
Dominik
Team Member

Return to User Discussion