We're Hiring!

OMERO upgrade script fails 5.2.6 to 5.3.1

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: OMERO upgrade script fails 5.2.6 to 5.3.1

Postby bernie » Thu May 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Dear Mark,

your fix worked and I was able to complete the upgrade successfully. Thanks so much for your help.

In answer to your question, yes, the error was there from the start,

bernie
bernie

Re: OMERO upgrade script fails 5.2.6 to 5.3.1

Postby mtbc » Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am

Dear Bernie,

Thank you very much for letting us know that things turned out well.

A note of caution: We would not have expected your OMERO database to have got into this state: I do not know why this fix could have been required and I am glad that your initial upgrade attempt signaled the issue. To my knowledge, nothing similar has been reported by anybody else. Still, just in case, a more general solution for others (thanks Josh) would be,
Code: Select all
SELECT setval('_lock_seq', (SELECT MAX(id) FROM _lock_ids));

I would suggest that you cautiously keep a close eye on your OMERO server for a little while in case this lock-ID issue is not its only unexpected feature. If things seem to work well with no new warnings or errors in the server logs for the next couple of weeks then they are probably indeed just fine, we just like to be really careful about people's production systems! If you do see anything else peculiar please do feel free to post again to this forum to ask if it is expected or concerning and we will help you to take a look. Though, my hope is that from here on it is back to smooth sailing!

Cheers,
Mark
mtbc
Team Member

Previous

Return to Installation and Deployment