Requesting a demo server account
What is Open Microscopy Environment?
OME is an umbrella term that stands for Open Microscopy Environment and covers:
- The OME file formats, including OME-XML and OME-TIFF, and the Bio-Formats Java library.
- The OME database systems for microscopy data management and analysis comprising the original OME Server and the OMERO.
- The OME consortium, the group behind these efforts.
The core site for the Open Microscopy Environment is located at http://www.openmicroscopy.org/
Demo Server Account
Take advantage of the OMERO platform hosted by the OME team in Dundee and sign up for a free demo account at https://demo.openmicroscopy.org/signup/. You will received an email with your username and password allowing you to connect to the server in Scotland.
By using the OMERO Demo Server, you agree to the following:
- You will be registered for the ome-demo mailing list for notifications regarding upgrades and server outages.
- You use this service at your own risk, and we provide NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER regarding uptime, security, data provenance or access, or any other service.
- You should not use the OMERO Demo server as a repository for any important data, or data that must be held in any secure or specific way.
- The responsibility for any data loaded onto the OMERO Demo Server is entirely your own.
- We reserve the right to remove any images, data, accounts or other data or structure without notice or request.