We're Hiring!

MRC signed byte

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

MRC signed byte

Postby hroque » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi all,

I've been uploading EM files to OMERO and realised that OMERO does not appear to properly scale images for displaying when the file is signed byte. So everything that is below 0 gets truncated and its impossible to visualise the image properly in omero. Not sure if this is a bio-formats bug or just a display issue in OMERO so ended up posting here.

Uploaded file: image.mrc~
Cheers,
Helio
hroque

Re: MRC signed byte

Postby jmoore » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi Helio,

could you also tell us what version you are currently using?

Cheers,
~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby hroque » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Josh,
Sorry forgot about that info. Am using 5.0.8.
Helio
hroque

Postby sbesson » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Helio,

thanks for uploading your sample image. Afer verification, at the moment, the MRC reader does not support the mode 0 with signed bytes and forces unsigned bytes for this mode. So the truncation is happening directly at the Bio-Formats level.

I opened a Pull Request to add support for signed bytes following the MRC specification. I would expect this PR to be included as part of the 5.1.0 release.

Best,
Sebastien
sbesson
Team Member

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]