We're Hiring!

[SOLVED] Omero Clients 4.3.4

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

[SOLVED] Omero Clients 4.3.4

Postby helmerj » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 pm

HI,

In order to benchmark the latest Omero server version I updated my 4.2.2 installation to 4.3.4. The update went smooth and I can connect using the web interface.

BUT:

I fail to see any download links for the clients. As the client version has to match the server I cannot use the 4.3.3 client versions.

Where can I find a download link for the matching clients?

Cheers Juergen
Last edited by helmerj on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmerj

Re: Omero Clients 4.3.4

Postby cxallan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Did you update to 4.3.4 via the builds on the website? The 4.3.3 client build should work just fine with 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 we are in fact using exactly that setup internally.
cxallan
Site Admin

Re: Omero Clients 4.3.4

Postby helmerj » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi,

now it does work. I had to restart the server.
Thanks for the hint in regard to the client versions (A sentence in that regard on the website might be rather helpful for others :-) )

Cheers
Juergen
helmerj

Re: [SOLVED] Omero Clients 4.3.4

Postby cxallan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm

There's no such sentence up there because there shouldn't be a need to do any of that. :) The fact that you restarted the server and it magically started working suggests something else is up.
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby helmerj » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 pm

cxallan wrote:There's no such sentence up there because there shouldn't be a need to do any of that. :) The fact that you restarted the server and it magically started working suggests something else is up.

I wasn't referring to the restart but to the fact that one can and should use the 4.3.3 clients for the 4.3.4 server version as the website still states, that server and client version have to match.

the fact that the restart enable the overall setup does point to underlying problems:

Everything is cruiatingly slow
no images can be rendered
no import works due to nothing is happening for up to 15 min.

So that in fact points to the fact, that one cannot update directly from 4.2.2 to 4.3.4. Too bad but in my case jsut a test system so I will start from scratch...

Cheers Juergen
helmerj

Postby cxallan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:14 pm

helmerj wrote:
cxallan wrote:There's no such sentence up there because there shouldn't be a need to do any of that. :) The fact that you restarted the server and it magically started working suggests something else is up.

I wasn't referring to the restart but to the fact that one can and should use the 4.3.3 clients for the 4.3.4 server version as the website still states, that server and client version have to match.

I've added that to the download page.

helmerj wrote:the fact that the restart enable the overall setup does point to underlying problems:

Everything is cruiatingly slow
no images can be rendered
no import works due to nothing is happening for up to 15 min.

So that in fact points to the fact, that one cannot update directly from 4.2.2 to 4.3.4. Too bad but in my case jsut a test system so I will start from scratch...

Cheers Juergen

That's certainly not the intention. One should be able to update from pretty much any previous OMERO version to 4.3.4. In what sort of environment are you running? Any information in the logs?
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby helmerj » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 am

Hi!

It turns out that the latest OMERO has higher memory requirements than the 4.2.2 version. My virtual machine was simply running out of memory and I had the same problems with a pristine new install. So after increasing the RAM from 1000MB to 1800MB the server works fine and I can import using the GUI importer as well as the importer inside insight but not the commanline importer... *sigh*

I will open an extra thread for that...( http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1041 )
helmerj

Return to Installation and Deployment