We're Hiring!

OMERO 4.4 & Webmobile

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

OMERO 4.4 & Webmobile

Postby ppouchin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi,

It's not really important, but I found this page:
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/webmobile
So I wanted to try it !

Unfortunately, if I follow the instructions, I get an error message whenever I try to access any of the web applications:
Code: Select all
File "/srv/omero/lib/python/omeroweb/webmobile/views.py", line 4, in <module>
    from omeroweb.webgateway.views import getBlitzConnection, _session_logout

ImportError: cannot import name getBlitzConnection

If I comment out this line, the usual WebClient works again but I (obviously) get an error when I try to access "webmobile"...
ppouchin

Re: OMERO 4.4 & Webmobile

Postby wmoore » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am

Hi,

We're currently working on updating the webmobile app to work with the latest release of OMERO. We have a pull request for this http://github.com/openmicroscopy/webmobile/pull/1 , but are just fixing a couple of issues.
I'll let you know when we're done,

Thanks for your interest,

Will
wmoore
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi,

I saw the pull request had been closed so I tried once more with 4.4.4, but I have an error.
My log file shows :
  File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 101, in get_response
    request.path_info)

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 252, in resolve
    sub_match = pattern.resolve(new_path)

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 250, in resolve
    for pattern in self.url_patterns:

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 279, in _get_url_patterns
    patterns = getattr(self.urlconf_module, "urlpatterns", self.urlconf_module)

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 274, in _get_urlconf_module
    self._urlconf_module = import_module(self.urlconf_name)

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/django/utils/importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
    __import__(name)

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/omeroweb/webmobile/urls.py", line 5, in <module>
    from omeroweb.webmobile import views

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/omeroweb/webmobile/views.py", line 7, in <module>
    from omeroweb.webadmin.custom_models import Server

ImportError: No module named custom_models

Webmobile is not critical, I'm just playing around (it's mostly harmless to try...), but if I could make it work, it'd be fun. Is there something I need to change ?
ppouchin

Postby wmoore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Apologies for that - that import fails because we recently moved custom_models (since the PR above got merged)!

I'll open another PR to fix that issue, but in the meantime if you simply remove or comment out the offending line, that should get you up and running:

File "/srv/omero/lib/python/omeroweb/webmobile/views.py", line 7, in <module>
    from omeroweb.webadmin.custom_models import Server

There are a couple of other updates that are needed to bring webmobile up to speed with recent permissions changes in web (to allow switching groups etc), but you should be able to get a feel for it without these.

Many thanks
wmoore
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm

I was uncertain if I could just delete this line or if it needed to be changed. Or if something was missing :)
Now I know.

Thanks for your answer.
ppouchin

Return to Installation and Deployment