We're Hiring!

Unable to install Omero Server

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Unable to install Omero Server

Postby Vamsree » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 am

Hi,

I am trying to install omero server on my Windows XP machine using the steps in windows installation guide(omera-beta4.1.1) but ended up getting an error

C:\omero_dist> bin\omero admin start
No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
[SC] StartService FAILED 2:

The system cannot find the file specified.

Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
.............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes

I was successful in executing the steps till initializing the database in psql Shell script and the next step gives me an error as mentioned above.

Can anyone help me how to resolve this . I am adding the URL I followed for omero web servers installation for reference.
http://openmicroscopy.org/site/support/ ... ll-windows

I would really appriciate this help.

Thank you,
vamsree
Vamsree

Re: Unable to install Omero Server

Postby cxallan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Vamsree,

Could you give us the output of bin\omero admin diagnostics? You can read more about it here:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/supp ... section-16
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby NUser » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

I have the same problem. As you can see on the first picture my server failed to starup after 5 minutes.
My server diagnostics are on the second picture.
The difference are
1) there isn´t a path for the java -version. I have jdk installed, but how can I change the path, so that it is registred?
2) The psql version is not found. I don´t know why.
3) the blitz-O etc don´t work.
How can I fix it?
Thank you for your help
Attachments
server_diagnostics.JPG
server_diagnostics.JPG (48.77 KiB) Viewed 6090 times
server_start.JPG
server_start.JPG (41.52 KiB) Viewed 6090 times
NUser

Postby jmoore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm

NUser wrote:1) there isn´t a path for the java -version. I have jdk installed, but how can I change the path, so that it is registred?

The fact that the version is detected probably means that it will work fine.

2) The psql version is not found. I don´t know why.

This is due to the PostgreSQL\8.3\bin directory not being on your path. When you execute the "psql console" command from the "Start" mention, it gets set for you. Nothing to worry about.

3) the blitz-O etc don´t work.

That's the major problem. Can you perhaps send us your log files?

~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby NUser » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I´m not sure, which log file you want. So I send you multiple. Should I send you via mail? Because I cannot upload the log file (is not allowed) and the textfile is too large
NUser

Postby jmoore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:55 pm

You can send via mail, sure.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby NUser » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I have send it to ome-users@lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk. Ok that doesn´t work. I don´t have the permission to mail to that list.
NUser

Postby cxallan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

NUser wrote:I have send it to ome-users@lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk. Ok that doesn´t work. I don´t have the permission to mail to that list.

You must be a member of the mailing list to post. Details are here:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/comm ... ling-lists
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby jmoore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Looking at Blitz-0.log:
Code: Select all
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "me"^M                                                                   
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:276)^M                                                             
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:95)^M                                                           
        at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)^M                                                                           
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:124)^M                                                                     
        at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)^M                                                                     
        at org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.<init>(Jdbc3Connection.java:24)^M                                                                                     
        at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:386)^M                                                                                                     
        at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:260)^M                                                                                                           
        at bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.lrc.LrcXADataSource.getXAConnection(LrcXADataSource.java:79)^M                                                                   
        ... 122 more^M                                               

it looks like your database connection configuration is not yet working. You're using the database owner "me". Is that user configured in your pg_hba.conf file? If not, you may want to take a look at the HBA-configuration section of our "OMERO and PostgreSQL" instructions.

Cheers,
~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby NUser » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 pm

It works!
Thank you very much.
It is necessary to install omero.web on Apache, when I use omero for browse the image collection of microscoy experiments and visualise multi-channel 3D time series?
Because windowsw in´t the preferred platform for web servers and so I have difficulties to install it.
The description is only for linux, I think. For example I can´t use the command -u apache_user and so on.

Greerings
NUser

Next

Return to Installation and Deployment