We're Hiring!

OMERO FiJi plugin error message

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

OMERO FiJi plugin error message

Postby ehrenfeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Dear devs,

some days ago I tried to install the latest OMERO plugin for FiJi, but unfortunately the plugin complains about the missing "loci_tools.jar", alas, dropping that file into the "plugins" folder is nagging me with the attached error message on the next FiJi startup (though the OMERO plugin works fine then!).

FiJi is up to date, of course.

Any hints?
~Niko
Attachments
fiji-omero-errormsg.png
FiJi OMERO 4.4.5 plugin error message
fiji-omero-errormsg.png (57.82 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
ehrenfeu

Re: OMERO FiJi plugin error message

Postby jmoore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Nico,

Fiji is currently using the individual jars from Bio-Formats (from Maven) as opposed to the combined tools jar, which explains the duplication that you're seeing. Curtis recently updated the version of Bio-Formats that Fiji is pointing at. Could you try deleting the tools jar and running the Fiji updater?

Cheers,
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby ehrenfeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Josh,

I already deleted the tools jar (since otherwise FiJi would complain with every start), an re-running the updater doesn't show any new files.

Is it because I have the LOCI update repository for FiJi (http://dev.loci.wisc.edu/fiji/) included in our FiJi here?

Thanks
~Niko
ehrenfeu

Postby crueden » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Nico,

Unfortunately, the OMERO.imagej plugin currently does not work with Fiji out of the box, due to the way the JAR files are structured. As you observed, OMERO.imagej explicitly checks for loci_tools.jar, which does not exist in a Fiji installation (rather, it is split into many smaller JARs).

However, there is a workaround: you can create a 0-byte file called loci_tools.jar and place it in your Fiji plugins folder. Then the OMERO.imagej plugin will be happy (having detected a file called "loci_tools.jar") and should proceed to work for you.

But downloading the "real" loci_tools.jar and placing it in your installation, as you have seen, will cause nothing but trouble, so I suggest not doing that.
crueden

Postby ehrenfeu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:15 am

Ah, perfect! I should have thought of that myself, especially since I already discovered that the plugin works regardless of the error message ;)

Thanks, guys!
~Niko
ehrenfeu

Return to Installation and Deployment