We're Hiring!

Configuring LDAP settings

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Configuring LDAP settings

Postby ahar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi,
Am I correct in thinking that once I configure my LDAP settings using the bin/omero config set omero.ldap... commands, they'll appear in the etc/omero.properties file and I'll get the LDAP search in the web interface after an omero server restart?

I went though the LDAP configuration commands but the omero.properties file doesn't appear to have changed. The command prompt had admin rights. Any ideas?
Thanks
ahar

Re: Configuring LDAP settings

Postby cxallan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:11 pm

No, etc/omero.properties will not change. The properties will be updated in etc/grid/config.xml in 4.2.0. Are you using 4.2.0?
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby ahar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. It's fresh installation of 4.2.0 that I'm using.
I can see the settings that I've configured are now in etc/grid/config.xml but I'm not getting the LDAP search function in the web admin. Will that only appear if I've correctly configured the settings and it can bind to the LDAP server or should I at least be able to see the the Search option after setting omero.ldap.config to "true"?
Many thanks
ahar

Postby cxallan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 am

If you have your properties set you should be able to attempt a login as a user that matches the LDAP credentials you've specified. There's no LDAP search functionality in the WebAdmin in Beta 4.2.0.
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby ahar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 am

Oh I see. I've misunderstood how it operates. I thought LDAP users had to first be added through web admin. I guess the instructions at webadmin/help/section_4_20.html haven't been updated yet.
I should be able to get it working from here...
Thanks
ahar

Return to Installation and Deployment