We're Hiring!

CLOSED: Also cannot login to webadmin

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

CLOSED: Also cannot login to webadmin

Postby oscshall » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi,

I also cannot login to webadmin, but I think I have a different cause. I'm installing Omero 4.2.0 on a RHEL5 server. I have gone through the logs in var/log and eliminated any issues I found by installing packages that various components were not able to find.

Right now I am at the point where I am unable to login to the webadmin interface as root. I know I am using the correct password, becuase there is nothing in the logs about an incorrect password as well as I don't get the "Client version doesn't match server version" error when I log in. I both of these do occur if I login using an incorrect password.

I deleted all of the logs in var/log and attempted to log in so that I could narrow down the problem, but the master.err log is empty. I searched through every other log in this directory and have found nothing that I could decipher as a problem.

Here is the output from bin/omero admin diagnostics (that contain information for one attempted login as root):

================================================================================
OMERO Diagnostics Beta-4.2.0-r7571-b29
================================================================================

Commands: java -version 1.6.0 (/usr/bin/java)
Commands: python -V 2.4.3 (/usr/bin/python)
Commands: icegridnode --version 3.3.1 (/usr/bin/icegridnode)
Commands: icegridadmin --version 3.3.1 (/usr/bin/icegridadmin)
Commands: psql --version 8.4.4 (/usr/bin/psql)

Server: icegridnode running
Server: Blitz-0 active (pid = 3550, enabled)
Server: DropBox active (pid = 3560, enabled)
Server: FileServer active (pid = 3561, enabled)
Server: Indexer-0 active (pid = 3562, enabled)
Server: MonitorServer active (pid = 3568, enabled)
Server: OMERO.Glacier2 active (pid = 3573, enabled)
Server: OMERO.IceStorm active (pid = 3581, enabled)
Server: Processor-0 active (pid = 3580, enabled)
Server: Repository-1 error: node `repo' couldn't be reached:
the node is not active
Server: Tables-0 active (pid = 3586, enabled)
Server: TestDropBox inactive (enabled)

Log dir: /home/shall/OMERO.server-Beta-4.2.0/var/log exists

Log files: Blitz-0.log 28.0 KB errors=0 warnings=9
Log files: DropBox.log 1.0 KB
Log files: FileServer.log 0.0 KB
Log files: Indexer-0.log 3.0 KB errors=0 warnings=9
Log files: MonitorServer.log 1.0 KB
Log files: OMEROweb.log n/a
Log files: Processor-0.log 0.0 KB
Log files: Tables-0.log 0.0 KB
Log files: TestDropBox.log n/a
Log files: master.err 0.0 KB
Log files: master.out 0.0 KB
Log files: Total size 0.04 MB

Parsing Blitz-0.log:[line:17] => Server restarted <=

Environment:OMERO_HOME=(unset)
Environment:OMERO_NODE=(unset)
Environment:OMERO_MASTER=(unset)
Environment:PATH=/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/opt/Ice-3.3.1/bin
Environment:ICE_HOME=(unset)
Environment:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/opt/Ice-3.3.1/lib
Environment:DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=(unset)

I have attached Blitz-0.log and Indexer-0.log in case the warnings in them mean anything.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
logs.tar.gz
(40 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
oscshall

Re: Also cannot login to webadmin

Postby atarkowska » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Could you please send OMEROweb.log?
atarkowska

Postby oscshall » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:19 pm

After clearing the logs, including OMEROweb.log, starting the Omero server, and attempting to log in, this file is empty.
oscshall

Postby atarkowska » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:27 pm

How did you set up OMERO.web? Is this production mode (apache) or just local test server?
atarkowska

Postby oscshall » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:12 pm

I did an apache with mod_python installation and followed the steps in http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/install_web
oscshall

Postby atarkowska » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

Could you please go to omero/var/lib/custom_settings.py and just before SERVER_LIST please add:

DEBUG = True

restart apache, then try to log in and check if any OMEROweb.log appeard? If http://host/webclient is accessible then it must generate logs. Please send me the logfile.
atarkowska

Postby oscshall » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 pm

I added the debug line, restarted Apache, cleared the logs, and attempted logging in again. Still nothing in the OMEROweb.log or the master.err files. I've attached all of the logs in the var/log directory, including the debug log.
Attachments
logs.tar
(50 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
oscshall

Postby atarkowska » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 pm

OMEROweb-DEBUG is now saving logs. It shows that client created connection but for some reason did not redirect you to the next page. Could you please describe what do you see on the screen?
From the other hand, did you try to connect by other clients? Was that successful?
atarkowska

Postby oscshall » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 pm

The screen is the standard webadmin screen, with the server being omero:4064 and ssl unchecked. I put in the username root and the password, click connect, at which point it loads for around 5 seconds and comes back to the same exact login screen, which clears my username and password entries. I can see no intermediate pages loading.

I had not previously tried other clients, so I just now went ahead and downloaded the client software bundle. I ran Omero.insight on the server (remote access to omero is not set up yet), used localhost as the server and put in the root username and password. This client seemed to successfully log in. I then created a user account using the administrative features in Omero.insight and made it active. I used that account on the webadmin and it did the same thing as the root account does (returns back to the login screen).
oscshall

Postby atarkowska » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 am

Could you check if apache user got enough permission to write in /var/tmp/django_cache? Alternatively, delete, restart apache and check if now you can log in?
atarkowska

Next

Return to Installation and Deployment