We're Hiring!

loading a 4.3 repository into 4.4 without a database back up

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

loading a 4.3 repository into 4.4 without a database back up

Postby 000generic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm

I previously had Omero 4.3 running on a Mac, with the associated data repository located on an external hard drive. The Mac was later wiped clean. Although the data repository remained untouched, the Omero database was not backed up prior to wiping the computer and was lost.

I now have Omero 4.4.8 running on the same Mac computer using Homebrew for its installation. I'm trying without success to use my new 4.4 installation of Omero to access my old 4.3 data repository. Is this possible to do given that I lack a backup of the original database?

I've tried configuring my new installation of Omero 4.4 to use the original 4.3 data repository:

omero config set omero.data.dir /externalHardDrive/originalDataRepository

and the command appears to be successful based on

omero config get

However, when I log into Omero as root user, there is no data present. Is there any way for me to recover/load the 4.3 data repository, either using Omero or by some other means?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
000generic

Re: loading a 4.3 repository into 4.4 without a database bac

Postby jmoore » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am

000generic wrote:The Omero database was not backed up prior to wiping the computer and was lost... Is there any way for me to recover/load the 4.3 data repository, either using Omero or by some other means?

No, I'm sorry. There's no way to recover from the loss of the PostgreSQL database.

Our apologies,
~Josh Moore
jmoore
Site Admin

Re: loading a 4.3 repository into 4.4 without a database bac

Postby 000generic » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Ahhh, that's what I suspected. Thanks for your reply - and for all the hard work by everyone on OMERO.

Eric
000generic

Return to Installation and Deployment