We're Hiring!

Importer crashes on start-up

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Importer crashes on start-up

Postby Xagi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just finished setting up my (first) Omero server.
The machine is running a fresh Win 7 installation, with
Java SE 7u45
Ice 3.4.2
Python 2.6.6
PyWin 32 (pywin32-218.win32-py2.6.exe)
and the Python Imaging Library addon
PostgreSQL 9.3.1

and last but not least the OMERO.server-4.4.9-ice34-b98.zip

The installation went all fine, the server starts, i can add user to the groups and manage to connect from other computers (via LAN), however when trying to start the importer or clícking import in omero.insight, i receive the error message pasted below.

This happens on three different machines (including the server itself)

Did i miss anything or does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed ?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Code: Select all
java.lang.Exception: Abnormal termination due to an uncaught exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.sortByUser(LocationDialog.java:1499)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.populateLocationComboBoxes(LocationDialog.java:1459)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.populateUIWithDisplayData(LocationDialog.java:378)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.<init>(LocationDialog.java:364)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.ImportDialog.initComponents(ImportDialog.java:561)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.ImportDialog.<init>(ImportDialog.java:1182)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.view.ImporterComponent.activate(ImporterComponent.java:235)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.ImporterAgent.activate(ImporterAgent.java:376)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.activateAgents(Container.java:338)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.startService(Container.java:370)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.Initializer.notifyEnd(Initializer.java:197)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.runStartupProcedure(Container.java:127)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.access$000(Container.java:76)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container$1.run(Container.java:172)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Abnormal termination due to an uncaught exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.sortByUser(LocationDialog.java:1499)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.populateLocationComboBoxes(LocationDialog.java:1459)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.populateUIWithDisplayData(LocationDialog.java:378)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.LocationDialog.<init>(LocationDialog.java:364)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.ImportDialog.initComponents(ImportDialog.java:561)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.chooser.ImportDialog.<init>(ImportDialog.java:1182)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.view.ImporterComponent.activate(ImporterComponent.java:235)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.fsimporter.ImporterAgent.activate(ImporterAgent.java:376)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.activateAgents(Container.java:338)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.startService(Container.java:370)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.Initializer.notifyEnd(Initializer.java:197)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.runStartupProcedure(Container.java:127)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.access$000(Container.java:76)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container$1.run(Container.java:172)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Initializer"

at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.ui.UserNotifierImpl.showErrorDialog(UserNotifierImpl.java:189)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.ui.UserNotifierImpl.notifyError(UserNotifierImpl.java:287)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.AbnormalExitHandler.doTermination(AbnormalExitHandler.java:147)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.AbnormalExitHandler.terminate(AbnormalExitHandler.java:85)
at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.RootThreadGroup.uncaughtException(RootThreadGroup.java:69)
at java.lang.Thread.dispatchUncaughtException(Unknown Source)
Xagi

Re: Importer crashes on start-up

Postby jburel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 pm

It seems that you have found a bug.
We have reworked that component in recent weeks (code not yet released) but I will check that such problem does not occur.
Do you have the problem with all users?

Thanks
Jmarie
jburel
Team Member

Postby Xagi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah i just tried adding new users, and the crash happens with all of them.
Xagi

Postby jburel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks

i will have a look at the issue.
Jmarie
jburel
Team Member

Postby jburel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:13 pm

I have created a ticket and Cc'd you
https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11715