We're Hiring!

Bad Performances

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Bad Performances

Postby mmoulis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi !

I don't really have a problem but i would like some informations. I am doing an internship and I have to set up OMERO system in the lab where i work.

The facts are :
- I have installed OMERO.server 4.3.0 on a Ubuntu Server 10.04. The 'experimental machine' is on a dual core processor at 3.00 GHz and 3.25 Gb of RAM
- The lab's network is quite slow (around 2-3Mb per sec)

When I try to import a huge TIFF file (more than 1Gb which is a stack of around 300 images) with OMERO.importer, everything is fine but when i try to get back this image in OMERO.insight, i have to wait a long time before having a thumbnail. Then, opening the file is very long and switching images in the stack too.

So I was looking where could be the problem. I think it is the rendering service which is too long because the server is weak... Am I right ? Or it is a network problem ?

Kind regards,

Marius
mmoulis

Re: Bad Performances

Postby cxallan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Your limiting factor in that case is going to be the network speed. You might get better performance results by enabling compression via the "Connection speed" setting in the server selection dialog in OMERO.insight before login.

If you just want to test the compression performance you can also adjust it in the image viewer itself.
cxallan
Site Admin

Re: Bad Performances

Postby mmoulis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks a lot!

I tried to change the connection speed (LAN -> Low) and I got better results but they are not good enough.

So my network administrator is looking for a way to improve our network.

Cheers,

Marius
mmoulis

Return to Installation and Deployment