We're Hiring!

OMERO.web server

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: OMERO.web server

Postby atarkowska » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:17 am

Hi,

Did you follow OMERO.web on IIS doc http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/supp ... l-iis.html?

In order to use web under IIS you just call
Code: Select all
bin\omero web iis

It will create custom mapping.
omero web status
is Unix only
Ola
atarkowska

Postby Lipplab » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi Ola,

I tried to run on ice3.4, before.

I saw the discription in your posted link.
Python 2.6 was running on my system. So I installed Python 2.7 and Zero_Ice3.5.
Unfortunally i installed python 2.7.11 and not 2.7.9 as recommended. First I didn't notice that so I installed django 1.9.2 with the pip command. When I deinstall Python 2.7.11 and install the recommended version python2.7.9 I'll always get python 2.9.11 as current version.
I've downloaded the omero ice.3.5.
Now I have the error message :
C:\OMERO.server\bin>omero admin diagnostics
********************************************************************************

ERROR: Could not import omero.cli! (DLL load failed: The specified modul
e could not be found.)

This means that your installation is incomplete. Contact
        the OME mailing lists for more information:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community

If you are building from source, please supply the build log
        as well as which version you are building from. If you
        downloaded a distribution, please provide which link you
        used.

********************************************************************************

Debugging Info:
        --------------
        CWD=C:\OMERO.server\bin
        VERSION=2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec  5 2015, 20:40:30) [MSC v.1500
64 bit (AMD64)]
        OMERO_HOME=None
        PYTHONPATH=['C:\\OMERO.server\\lib\\python', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\var\\lib
', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ZeroC\\Ice-3.5.1\\python\\
x64', 'C:\\Windows\\system32\\python27.zip', 'c:\\Python27\\DLLs', 'c:\\Python27
\\lib', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\plat-win', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\lib-tk', 'c:\\Python2
7', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\lib\\fallback']

I don't know what to do now.... And it doesn't help to read everywhere oh I is so easy with unix/linux
:(
Julia
Lipplab

Postby atarkowska » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi, could you review your Environment Variables as stated http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/supp ... -variables

Make sure you restart Windows.

If that doesn't help try to reinstall Ice and restart.

Ola
atarkowska

Postby Lipplab » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am

Dear Ola, thank you a lot for your help.
I reinstalled ice and I set the path enviroment variables, afer restrting the windows system..
still the same error message.
C:\OMERO.server\bin>omero admin diagnostics

ERROR: Could not import omero.cli! (DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid W
in32 application.)

This means that your installation is incomplete. Contact
        the OME mailing lists for more information:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community

If you are building from source, please supply the build log
        as well as which version you are building from. If you
        downloaded a distribution, please provide which link you
        used.

Debugging Info:
        --------------
        CWD=C:\OMERO.server\bin
        VERSION=2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec  5 2015, 20:40:30) [MSC v.1500
64 bit (AMD64)]
        OMERO_HOME=None
        PYTHONPATH=['C:\\OMERO.server\\lib\\python', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\var\\lib
', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ZeroC\\Ice-3.5.1\\python\\
x64', 'C:\\Windows\\system32\\python27.zip', 'c:\\Python27\\DLLs', 'c:\\Python27
\\lib', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\plat-win', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\lib-tk', 'c:\\Python2
7', 'c:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages', 'C:\\OMERO.server\\lib\\fallback']

I've realized that the config.xml file is different.
now it looks like:
icegrid><!--

This file was generated at Thu Feb 11 11:19:57 2016 by the OmeroConfig system.
   Do not edit directly but see bin/omero config for details.
   This file may be included into your IceGrid application.

--><properties id="__ACTIVE__"><property name="omero.config.profile" value="default" /><property name="omero.config.version" value="5.1.0" /><property name="omero.db.name" value="omeroDB" /><property name="omero.db.user" value="omeroDBuser" /><property name="omero.db.pass" value="omeroDBpass" /><property name="omero.data.dir" value="C:\\OMERO" /><property name="omero.web.debug" value="True" /><property name="omero.web.application_server" value="fastcgi-tcp" /><property name="omero.web.server_list" value="[[&quot;134.96.155.200&quot;,4064,&quot;ome-www&quot;],[&quot;localhost&quot;,4064,&quot;omeroTest&quot;]]" /></properties><properties id="default"><property name="omero.config.version" value="5.1.0" /><property name="omero.db.name" value="omeroDB" /><property name="omero.db.user" value="omeroDBuser" /><property name="omero.db.pass" value="omeroDBpass" /><property name="omero.data.dir" value="C:\\OMERO" /><property name="omero.web.debug" value="True" /><property name="omero.web.application_server" value="fastcgi-tcp" /><property name="omero.web.server_list" value="[[&quot;134.96.155.200&quot;,4064,&quot;ome-www&quot;],[&quot;localhost&quot;,4064,&quot;omeroTest&quot;]]" /></properties><include file="generated.xml" /></icegrid>

before it looked like:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<icegrid>
  <!--

This file was generated at Fri Jan 29 14:05:41 2016 by the OmeroConfig system.
   Do not edit directly but see bin/omero config for details.
   This file may be included into your IceGrid application.

-->
  <properties id="__ACTIVE__">
    <property name="omero.config.profile" value="default"/>
    <property name="omero.config.version" value="4.2.1"/>
    <property name="omero.db.name" value="omeroDB"/>
    <property name="omero.db.user" value="omeroDBuser"/>
    <property name="omero.db.pass" value="omeroDBpass"/>
    <property name="omero.data.dir" value="C:\\OMERO"/>
    <property name="omero.web.debug" value="True"/>
    <property name="omero.web.application_server" value="fastcgi-tcp"/>
    <property name="omero.web.cache_backend" value="file://C:/Windows/temp/"/>
    <property name="omero.web.server_list" value="[[&quot;134.96.155.200&quot;,4064,&quot;ome-www&quot;],[&quot;localhost&quot;,4064,&quot;omeroTest&quot;]]"/>
  </properties>
  <properties id="default">
    <property name="omero.config.version" value="4.2.1"/>
    <property name="omero.db.name" value="omeroDB"/>
    <property name="omero.db.user" value="omeroDBuser"/>
    <property name="omero.db.pass" value="omeroDBpass"/>
    <property name="omero.data.dir" value="C:\\OMERO"/>
    <property name="omero.web.debug" value="True"/>
    <property name="omero.web.application_server" value="fastcgi-tcp"/>
    <property name="omero.web.cache_backend" value="file://C:/Windows/temp/"/>
    <property name="omero.web.server_list" value="[[&quot;134.96.155.200&quot;,4064,&quot;ome-www&quot;],[&quot;localhost&quot;,4064,&quot;omeroTest&quot;]]"/>
  </properties>
</icegrid>

Ok and I realized that there's no C:\OMERO.server\share\web\requirements-py27-win.txt file at all. There's even no web folder in the sharing folder. I'm tinking about to deinstall everything and install everything new and just copy and load the omero data and the dump file.

I'm sorry .. i think I'm not a fan of my microsoft system..
Julia
Lipplab

Postby Lipplab » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:19 am

the enviroment variables are:
PATH = %PATH%;C:\Python27;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\Programm Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin

Path = c:\Python27;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin;c:\Python27;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin\x64;C:Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin\;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\

PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\python\x64
Lipplab

Postby manics » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Julia

What's the full name of the OMERO.server zip file you downloaded and installed after updating Ice?
manics
Team Member

Postby Lipplab » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:03 pm

The zip file was

OMERO.server-5.1.4-ice35-b55.zip

But i didn't upgrade the database, because i did it before i installed ice 3.5 .
I updated from 5.0 to 5.1.4 with ice 3.4 so I thought I doesn't make sense to update from 5.1_1 sql to 5.1_1.sql
Lipplab

Postby atarkowska » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi,

Lipplab wrote:The zip file was

OMERO.server-5.1.4-ice35-b55.zip

But i didn't upgrade the database, because i did it before i installed ice 3.5 .
I updated from 5.0 to 5.1.4 with ice 3.4 so I thought I doesn't make sense to update from 5.1_1 sql to 5.1_1.sql

This is OMERO 5.2 documentation http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/supp ... l-iis.html
Why not upgrade to 5.2.1?

Ola
atarkowska

Postby Lipplab » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi Ola,

We have a second omero server running at 5.1.4 (it is a MacOs system and easier to handle).
And I cannot run the omero server on two IP adresses. the windows is for the web hosting and the omero mac is for the omero data. I'm backing up 9TB of data on the mac omero and it takes time to backup all the data on tape. So omero on the mac is running.
If I start to update one I have to update the second..
The mac is already updated to 5.1.4 and after finishing the backup I want to update it.
I try to update the omero web from 5.0.2 to 5.1.4 in the meanwhile, to have two running systems at 5.1.4.
And as I learned, to access the data from the web host you have to run both on the same versions.
Than I wanted to update both to 5.2
Maybe I'm totally wrong, or stupid.
I didn't setup the system like it is now, but I guess there were some reasons to do that.

Cheers Julia
Lipplab

Postby atarkowska » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Julia

If you are trying to upgrade 5.0 to 5.1 you have to follow OMERO 5.1 documentation https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/sup ... l-web.html

When the time comes to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2 you have to follow
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/sup ... l-web.html as this guide cannot be used to deploy OMERO.web 5.1.x on Windows.

The same analogy applies to server upgrade. Always check version in the url.

Ola
atarkowska

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Deployment