We're Hiring!

Corrupted DB?

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Corrupted DB?

Postby johnjhufnagle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:25 pm

I get what looks like data corruption when attempting to view projects/datasets in the web client
as well as what looks to be bogus tags when opening up the Tag tab in Insight...in fact the Insight client crashes when I click on one of the tags (none created by me)

The steps in my installation:
1. installed/configured/ran 4.1 server successfully I believe
2. downloaded 4.1 source to same machine
3. built source
4. created Eclipse project from source tree
5. configured and ran ome.server.itests.search.SearchTest as a TestNG test..seemed to run ok (most tests passed)
6. Ran Importer and imported 215 .tif images into new TestProject/TestDataset...all without errors
7. Opened broswer and logged into WebClient
8. Clicked on MyData=>TestProject and got the error submission page for an internal error...which I submitted.

Did I need to configure/create a different /OMERO_XXX repository directory since I ran omero from the source code? Didn't know if that clobbered anything? Can I recover from it? Drop all user data from the db and any file repositories and start from there??

I did just now go into Insight and I can drill down into TestProject/Dataset and see the images and view them... but as I said above the Tags that appear in the Tags tab look pretty bogus and it crashes when I select one of the tags.
johnjhufnagle

Re: Corrupted DB?

Postby cxallan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 pm

The short answer to your question John is no, you don't have to do anything. :) Also, you should not have a corrupted DB. It's very difficult to do this in principle. The tag test you've run is likely to have done things that no client does, that clients do not handle very well or that the clients prevent you from doing. This could be bogus namespaces, empty tag strings, etc.

It would be helpful to have the OMERO.insight error, so can you send a QA report with the crash from there? Otherwise, yes the tag names from that test case will be intentionally bogus.
cxallan
Site Admin

Return to Developer Discussion