We're Hiring!

Manage Images

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Manage Images

Postby dskanth » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 am

Hi, when we select the full view of an image, either by double clicking on it, or by clicking on the full image button, i want the full image to be displayed in the middle panel. (not in a separate window as usual) :

If the above thing is possible using Omero, Please guide me.... ;)
dskanth

Re: Manage Images

Postby cxallan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:18 pm

dskanth wrote:Hi, when we select the full view of an image, either by double clicking on it, or by clicking on the full image button, i want the full image to be displayed in the middle panel. (not in a separate window as usual) :

If the above thing is possible using Omero, Please guide me.... ;)

OMERO.insight does not currently have this option. Images open up in a separate window to support the viewing of multiple images at once.
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby dskanth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 am

I understand that currently Omero does not have this option, but iam curious whether i can achieve it with any code modifications. Please guide me (if at all it is possible). ;)
dskanth

Postby cxallan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am

dskanth wrote:I understand that currently Omero does not have this option, but iam curious whether i can achieve it with any code modifications. Please guide me (if at all it is possible). ;)

Of course you can. However, it would require significant reworking of the code though and it is not something we can easily guide you through without you having some experience working with OMERO.insight.
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby dskanth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:35 am

I agree that i doesn't have much working experience with the Omero insight, but i have no other option than to customise it, with necessary code modifications. Please guide me whatever you can, that will help me achieve the solution. Iam not bothered whether i understand or iam able to do it myself, but i need the guidance here.
Please help me..... ;)
dskanth

Postby cxallan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 pm

What you are asking will require significant changes throughout OMERO.insight that you will have to investigate and code yourself. We do not have plans to make these changes at this time. I'm afraid that's as much guidance as I can give you right now. Let us know when you have made some changes that we can review.
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby dskanth » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 am

Hi, i would like to make all necessary modifications to achieve this functionality. I seem to understand that the functionality to show images in a separate window is written in the file: Imviewer.view.ImviewerComponent.java, with the methods like: view.setOnScreen() and view.toFront();

And i want to add the selected image in the working pane of treeviewer.view.TreeViewerWin.java. I see the addComponent(component) method adds the component to the working pane. Is there a way i could get the full view of the image into the working pane, by calling addComponent(view), after getting the view from imviewer ? I hope it is possible. Please answer. ;)
Last edited by dskanth on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dskanth

Postby jrswedlow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi dskanth-

As Chris said above, we'd be happy to review code, but we simply cannot guide you through a substantial re-working of OMERO. We'd love to, if we had the time, but our first responsibility is to the users and developers who are coding with OMERO, waiting for the developments in 4.1, and (and this is very important), feeding back to us about what they are seeing.

Why not do what others do-- try something, and if it works, terrific. If not, then tell us what you did, and how it went wrong, and we'll help out. That's called a give and take, and that's what this project is all about-- it's a 2-way street. So far, all we've gotten from you is requests for instructions how to do things. Our job isn't to do your job. We'll help as much as we can, but we won't deliver your solutions to your clients. This is the difference between open source and consulting. If you want consulting, let us know.

In the meantime, read our docs, and our code, and then dive in. Why wait for us to tell you what to do? Your clients have told you what they want. Try it yourself! It won't hurt. If you don't know how to do it, then sub-contract, or buy some consulting time.

Cheers,

Jason
jrswedlow
Team Member

Return to Developer Discussion