We're Hiring!

JavaDoc Missing Public Classes and Interfaces?

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

JavaDoc Missing Public Classes and Interfaces?

Postby gsl1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 pm

I am new to Omero and was interested in how one annotates the OME model objects and found the following two examples:

Example 1

Example 2

These examples use the following classes and interfaces (the wrong package may be referenced in certain cases, since one of the examples does not include the imports):

• ome.model.IAnnotated;
  • ome.model.annotations.ProjectAnnotationLink;
  • ome.model.annotations.FileAnnotation;
  • ome.model.annotations.TagAnnotation;
  • ome.model.core.OriginalFile;
  • ome.model.display.Roi;
  • omero.model.ProjectAnnotationLink;
  • omero.model.ProjectAnnotationLinkI;
Yet, I do not find any of these in the JavaDocs. IAnnotated does appear in the online source for example at ohloh and in the GIT tree, but I can't find the ome.model package at all in the JavaDocs and I can't find the annotations, core and display packages in the GIT tree (I may not know where to look, but searches on the GIT tree and ohloh turned up nothing AFAICT).

Is there a reason why these and other public classes and interfaces appear to be excluded from these JavaDocs or these JavaDocs? If they have been dropped in favor of some other code, are their more up to date annotation examples available?

Thanks.

-=> Gregg <=-
gsl1

Re: JavaDoc Missing Public Classes and Interfaces?

Postby sbesson » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Greg,

the Javadocs for the classes you are specifying should be included in the slice-generated documentation available e.g. at http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/ome ... index.html for the 4.4.10 release.

Sebastien
sbesson
Team Member

Postby gsl1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 am

Thanks for the help!

After a little more hunting using your pointer, now I see that I can get to these docs via the API docs slice2html link. Just a small suggestion: it seems that it might be easier to find these docs as well as the API docs themselves if they were also referenced in the main Documentation drop-down which can be found on the home page, for example, but perhaps this would add too many items to the menu.
gsl1

Postby hflynn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added the links for all 3 sets of OMERO API documentation to the extended menu you can find by clicking on the top level 'Documentation' tab on the home page. I will also add them under 'Additional online resources' on the OMERO documentation front page for the next release. Hopefully this will make them easier to find in future,

Regards,
Helen
hflynn

Return to Developer Discussion