We're Hiring!

Developing using de C++ api

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Developing using de C++ api

Postby colmeirin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello,

Is there something as useful as de Omero Java javadocs for the Omero C++ api?

I'm having trouble finding information especific to C++ further than the examples found on the examples/OmeroClient folder.

Regards
colmeirin

Re: Developing using de C++ api

Postby rleigh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 am

Most of the API is generated from the Ice slice interface definitions, and so is identical to the Java API, at least in concept. It's possible to use a tool such as "doxygen" to autogenerate an API reference. However, the generated sources include quite a lot of extra helpers in a number of namespaces, which makes it a bit difficult to use. We don't currently provide doxygen docs, but if you wanted to generate them this is probably the best way to get a complete reference (though it will lack descriptions since they aren't present in the generated code).

We are working on an "OMERO gateway" wrapper around the base OMERO.cpp API which makes it much more convienient to use. However, this is still a work in progress and hasn't yet been merged.

Regards,
Roger
rleigh

Re: Developing using de C++ api

Postby colmeirin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Roger, thank you for your explanation.

My intention was to use de c++ api in order to create a csharp wrapper to access basic functions such as connect, upload & download.
I think I will use the java api for this purposes. I've been able to create some dlls from the java files via IKVM and use it in csharp to stablish a connection.

I will be bothering you most likely again with java api usage to upload and download.

Many thanks for your time and help!
colmeirin

Return to Developer Discussion