We're Hiring!

MTools

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

MTools

Postby rapa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,

have installed MTools according to Michaels advice (MCR installed first). I can connect to my server, using the GUI. When I select one of the options e.g. "Intensity Measure" I am asked to select a group from the drop down menue. Fine. The next window opens. I choose a dataset after again pointing at one project. I add the dataset and use the OK button. Fine. Back on th eprevious screen. BUT there are no images to select in the drop down menue. This problem occurs with all eight different tool options... Any suggestions why is that???

Cheers, Ralf
rapa

Re: MTools

Postby mporter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Ralf

Sorry you've been having trouble with this. For many of the tools you have to specify where in the image the analysis tools will work. To do this you can either draw ROIs in OMERO.insight or, if you have nice big objects like DAPI stained DNA to draw around, in the BoxIt tool.

For the Intensity Measure tool, images that don't have rectangular ROIs are filtered out of the analysis queue (so if you don't want to analyse some of the images that are in a dataset, just don't draw ROIs on them). Try adding some rectangular ROIs to the images and see if the same thing happens again. I hope this fixes things for you. If not, I'm happy to get some details from you to try to work it out.

Thanks,

Michael.
mporter

Return to Developer Discussion