We're Hiring!

Bioformats OME.tiff saving - performance

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Re: Bioformats OME.tiff saving - performance

Postby yuriy_alexandrov » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 am

Hi again - I checked it again and found that, in order to make image looking in Omero-Insight as in Matlab, it's enough simply to use (I') instead (I) on OME.tiff creation input, but in order to save image properly, one needs to keep this size flip-flop in createMinimalOMEXMLMetadata.
So I leave it for now without change in my repo, as it seemingly falls into "Don't fix it if not broken" category.

Best regards,
Y.
yuriy_alexandrov

Postby yuriy_alexandrov » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 pm

(last one most likely)

I found that BFMatlab convention on XY sizes, as Sebastien explained, works OK, - if one reproduces attentively what bfsave does.

The correct use of saveBytes in my case is

Code: Select all
writer.saveBytes(index-1, getBytes(I'));

the difference is that previously I forgot transpose; now it is fixed.

Thanks again Sebastien,
Y.
yuriy_alexandrov

Postby sbesson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 am

Hi Yuriy,

glad this is working. If there is anything you think we could add either to the Bio-Formats documentation or the function headers to make this XY order clearer, please let us know.

Sebastien
sbesson
Team Member

Previous

Return to Developer Discussion