We're Hiring!

Build C++ Api for Windows

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Build C++ Api for Windows

Postby dwj » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi guys,

I try to build the C++ Api for windwos. I've downloaded the OMERO source for 2.5.0, and installed Python 3.5.0, ICE 3.6.1 and CMake 3.4.0.
My OS is Windows 10 x64.

I build the source with:
Code: Select all
C:\PATH_TO_OMERO\build.bat build-cpp

After a while i get the following error message:
Code: Select all
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::          UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCIES         ::
:: omero#omero-shares;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice-glacier2;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice-storm;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice-grid;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice-db;${versions.ice}: not found
:: zeroc#ice-freeze;${versions.ice}: not found

BUILD FAILED
C:\XXX\OMERO-Sourcecode\build.xml:258: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\XXX\OMERO-Sourcecode\components\antlib\resources\global.xml:430: The following error occurred while executing th
is line:
C:\XXX\OMERO-Sourcecode\components\antlib\resources\lifecycle.xml:67: impossible to resolve dependencies:
        resolve failed - see output for details

Total time: 1 minute 31 seconds

I'm very sure, that the Paths to the ICE installation are at my enviranment variable PATH.

Can anyone help me to build the c++ api.

Thanks,
Daniel
dwj

Re: Build C++ Api for Windows

Postby sbesson » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Daniel,

the build error you are getting is mostly due to the version of your prerequisites. In particular, Python 3.x and Ice 3.6 are not supported for OMERO 5.2.x.
You should be able to build the OMERO C++ API on Windows using Python 2.7 and Ice 3.5.

Best regards,
Sebastien
sbesson
Team Member

Postby rleigh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Dear Daniel,

I'm afraid that Ice 3.6.x isn't yet supported, and Ice 3.5 is the latest supported version at present. This is the cause of the "not found" error--this isn't a valid version to build with at present. I would suggest using Ice 3.5.1 if possible. We will be updating the sources to build with Ice 3.6 in the future; this release brings some breaking changes which unfortunately make this a non-trivial upgrade.

We provide a pre-built version here: http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/ice/3.5.1/ for use with OMERO, but you may well want to build your own against the version of Visual Studio you are using. This is built against VS2010, but if you're using a later version you will need to build your own.

Kind regards,
Roger Leigh
rleigh

Postby dwj » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 am

Hi Sebastien and Roger,

Thanks for your hints! Now it works.

Best regards,
Daniel
dwj

Return to Developer Discussion