Attending: Will, Petr, JM, Josh, Khaled, Jason, Seb, Chris, Frances, David Gault, Melissa, Wilma, Andreas, Muhanad, David Stirling, Emil, Erin, Dom
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- BIA meeting this morning, Submission workflow.
- OME OKR
- Validation ongoing
- Will: evaluated 3. different trade-offs. more powerful one (SHACL) is also the most verbose.
- Josh: OME-RDF/OME-OWL. Norio handling similar problems. Looking into other frameworks.
- Possible use JSON-schema for now and provision so that we can update to JSON-LD
- Seb: major issue with using multiple validations?
- Josh: issue comes with trying to validate 3rd party JSON schemas?
- Chris: even in XML world, can be pretty ropy.
- Jason: something we can do in the near term?
- Seb: is it infrastructure we can attach to 0.3 specification?
- Josh: can apply JSON schema to 0.3 without breaking. Introduce e.g. 0.5 which requires header of JSON-LD. Can introduce collection at this stage.
- Then can subclass e..g. 4DN
- and have libraries that allow to tell what is in there.
- Possible next experiment OME-XML -> OME-JSON -> NGFF
- Rendering call tomorrow
- J-M: upcoming meeting. Would be useful to start thinking about validation as well. Align proposed changes and create examples
- HCS spec - support for sparse plates
- Seb to review. Possibly include in v0.4
- Chris: may even want to enforce more strict rules
- Bio-Formats 6.8.0
- prep in progress. expect to release 2nd week in December
- GS fixes and other PRs - minor release
- See Bio-Formats above
- Update to latest omero-web 5.12.0
- Single sign-on being rolled out (incl. openID connect from Azure space)
- looking into issues in blitz for NGFF microservices
- worst offender is getting channel info (needs init. the RE)
- fixes perhaps coming to omero-py and/or docs
- Auth: pre-signed URLs, not ideal but workable option
- Josh: sharding to reduce number of chunks: https://github.com/zarr-developers/zarr-python/pull/876
- Petr: another 1hr demo tomorrow
- JM: discussed with BioImage zoo at Crick
- OME-Zarr Hackathon in Milan in January
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)