2011-06-07 Tuesday Meeting
Attending: Brian, Andrew, Jean-Marie, Scott, Chris, Colin, Donald, Will, Josh, Melissa, Ola, Curtis, Carlos
Remember: Agenda must be complete (with estimated times) on the day before the meeting. Any additions after that must go at the bottom (AOCB)
Accepting minutes from last meeting
Matters Arising (<10 mins)
- Ola: Prepare a list of what testing can be done on Web
- Andrew: QA reviews daily
- Chris: IO / Locking Testing
- Chris: Windows upgrade script
- Testers: Delete testing on Gretzky?
- Scott: send out summary of TODOs from above on who tests when how. done
Andrew: add XP/development server limitation to documentation server.
- Perhaps say we don't support the server on XP?
- Also: Perhaps talk to every team member to collect these issues?
- Chris et al: do some IIS testing on 2k3 (update limitations if not possible)
- Jean-Marie/Ola/Brian: close all QA tickets done
- Chris: Look at tickets from QA #3737 & #3721.
- Andrew: run link-checker for ome-xml.org browser then disable - done
- Andrew: remove SVN on ome-xml.org - done
- What do we use?
- Using examples/snippets from elsewhere
- FAQ entry
Sprint Update and Release Status (30 mins)
Story | summary | Open tickets | Closed tickets | % Done -------+-----------------------------+--------------+----------------+-------- 4782 | Testing Scenarios | 0 | 49 | 100.0 4957 | File Formats_Phase_1 | 0 | 14 | 100.0 5369 | Testing Phase I Bugs | 14 | 118 | 89.4 5371 | File Formats Phase I BUGS | 2 | 25 | 92.6 5379 | File Formats_Phase_2 | 0 | 12 | 100.0 5380 | File Formats Phase II BUGS | 8 | 40 | 83.3 5432 | Testing Phase II Bugs | 25 | 85 | 77.3 5439 | Testing Scenarios_Phase_2 | 0 | 56 | 100.0 5762 | File Formats Phase III BUGS | 0 | 0 | 0.0 5763 | Testing Phase III Bugs | 16 | 13 | 44.8 (10 rows)
Paris Planning (10 mins)
Any other business (<5 mins)
- Websites: can we clean up unused?
Brian, Andrew, Jean-Marie, Scott, Chris, Colin, Donald, Will, Josh, Melissa, Ola, Curtis, Carlos
Accepting minutes from last meeting - Accepted
Matters Arising (<10 mins) (Started 14:30)
Ola: Prepare a list of what testing can be done on Web - IN PROGRESS
- She is getting help going through the existing bugs, but didn't make a list (just following scenarios)
- Andrew: QA reviews daily - ONGOING
Chris: IO / Locking Testing - ONGOING
- Found some new bugs, closed several
- Min/Max save bug, and log bug being worked on today
- That should get us at a state for Ola to do her thing
Chris: Windows upgrade script - PENDING
- Will need to do this shortly (tomorrow?)
Testers: Delete testing on Gretzky? - ONGOING
- Ola found a new bug (passed to Josh)
- Chris/Colin tested deleting extensively (~40GB)
- Scott found a bug with orphaned image deletions under Windows, reporetd
- Scott: send out summary of TODOs from above on who tests when how. - DONE
- Andrew: add XP/development server limitation to documentation server. - ONGOING
Chris et al: do some IIS testing on 2k3 (update limitations if not possible) - PENDING
- Haven't had time for this yet
- Jean-Marie/Ola/Brian: close all QA tickets - DONE
Chris: Look at tickets from QA #3737 & #3721. - DONE
- Ola/Will have changed the panel since, so if fixed now. Replied to user
- Andrew: run link-checker for ome-xml.org browser then disable - DONE
- Andrew: remove SVN on ome-xml.org - DONE
- Ola: Prepare a list of what testing can be done on Web - IN PROGRESS
Copyright statements (started 14:35)
- Andrew has added the blanket statement above (seems ok)
- Will has found plenty of python snippets without copyright
Ticket 5698 has several example blocks
- Will, lots of code migration around the place, CR not maintained there
- Chris: If you make a new file set up the CR appropriately
- We should strip out the time range (don't want to change it every year)
- First: decide on the user facing copyrights
- Second: change the file headers.
- If you rewrite something, don't reuse the same name - causes confusion
- Don't remove copyrights from copied in files
- All external copyright should be noted /lib/licences/README
JMB: Need a copyright to indicate a file that has been moving in
- Chris: Attribution policy will be important.
Sprint Update and Release Status (30 mins) (14:48)
Josh: A little bit of slippage (a few new ones)
- All tickets are set up and owned (everyone should double check)
- Not sure if every ticket has times
Looking at tickets:
- 4987 miniviewer integration downgraded: Ola looking at it
- 5549 exceptions being caught and showing dialogs - if good can be closed (Will)
- 5674 testing IIS after the meeting. (Need to turn up debugging with IIS box and try to take it down)
- Copyright ticket downgraded
5724 Need to inform community about how exception handling works (can log you out)
- Carlos: Not always true, some not set up this way
- Will can add this info to wiki pages
5815 has no test, Will may have time to add (or Ola). Cannot browse other user's calendar data
- Downgrading to major
Testing with users
- Mark Woodbridge has a copy.
- A few others
- Haven't heard back yet
- Can discuss (Scott and JMB) about how to optimize this process
- Will: When is nightshade upgrade? Chris: Have to fix critial first.
- Have to discuss with Jason. Needs prep time
- Josh: A little bit of slippage (a few new ones)
Paris Planning (10 mins) (Started 15:16)
- Food organized
- Request for speaker in
- Check for wifi is in (do we need mac addresses)
- Laser & microphone ordered
- Bringing: Badges, fridge magnets, lanyards
Josh: What about Paris presentations?
- JMB: Yes we need to show progress 'Where we are' + direction
- Will: Jason is doing a feature talk
- Chris/JMB/Josh will discuss Wednesday morning and pair down what we should say
Any other business (<5 mins)
Websites: can we clean up unused?
Andrew: Went through svn links, found some links to old stuff
- Went through httpd.conf and found lots of odd things
Is there a good way to go through which ones we need?
- JMB: Perhaps we should split the stuff up?
- Chris: Probably needs older team members to review this old stuff
- Andrew will pass an email with the list around
- Andrew: Went through svn links, found some links to old stuff
Response to user from Ola's Email… any takers?
- Will: Suggest they set up a small server to start? Pilot program?
- Ola: Maybe we should tell him we will get back to him after release? Sounds reasonable
- Chris will see if he has time to respond to him
- Websites: can we clean up unused?
* Andrew: create ticket for XP/devlepment issue * Andrew: turn #5698 copyright ticket into a story with appropriate tickets (for Jason) * Scott: create ticket for history scenarios * Andrew: send email about vegan food (JMB to translate) * Need to organize poster session (poster board) * Chris: respond to email about scaling. plan a discussion? * Andrew: re-send list of old websites.