We're Hiring!

Batch remove tag

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

Batch remove tag

Postby ppouchin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi,

One of my users asked me if it was possible to remove a tag in several images at once. It seems that when you select multiple images, you don't see any tag, so you have to remove it from each image, one by one...
ppouchin

Re: Batch remove tag

Postby wmoore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 am

I'm afraid you're correct.
We've been aware of this limitation for some time now. Since you've brought it up, I've just created a ticket for it...

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9729

Thanks for your feedback,

Will.
wmoore
Team Member

Postby wmoore » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Just one question: If you select 10 images, do you only show a "Remove" button for tags that are on ALL 10 images, or do you want to be able to remove tags that are on 1 or more images? (E.g. Tag on 9 images).

IF you want to show tags that are on 1 or more of the selected Images, do you need to see:
1) which images they are on?
2) OR just how many images each tag is on?
3) OR simply list all tags that are on 1 or more images?

Some examples of those 3 options:

1) Show which images each tag is on:
- Tag1: (image1.tiff, image2.tiff, image3.tiff...and 10 more)
- Tag2: (image5.tiff, image6.tiff)
- Tag3: (image2.tiff)

2) Show the image count for each tag
- Tag1: 13/13 images
- Tag2: 2/13 images
- Tag3: 1/13 images

3) Simply list the tags (looks the same as when you select a single Image)
- Tag1, Tag2, Tag3
wmoore
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 am

I think the best would be to list the tags that are on at least 1 image and have a list of the corresponding images (option 1). But it might be "heavy" on the interface, especially if you select many images...

Essentially, if scientists have at least a list of all tags that are on 1 or more images, it should be fine. But the more information you give, the better !
ppouchin

Postby wmoore » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 am

OK, thanks for your feedback. I think I have a nice way of supporting option 1) using tool-tips.
wmoore
Team Member

Postby wmoore » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Just to let you know, this feature is in today's release of the webclient: 4.4.5. See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3102
wmoore
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks !

Just one question: why is there a cross next to each image in the list of images bearing the corresponding tag ?
Untag.JPG
Untag.JPG (18.49 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
ppouchin

Postby wmoore » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi,
That is supposed to indicate that you can remove the tag from that image. If another user had also used that tag on some of the same images, you would see those listed without a X. This is the same display strategy that is applied to the Tags themselves (Tags that you can remove have a X and ones that you can't remove don't have the X).

However, I can see that it is confusing, so I'll try and think of a better way of displaying the same info. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Will
wmoore
Team Member

Postby ppouchin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 am

Ok !

I understand. In fact, I was just asking because I thought I could click on those crosses at first. But since the tooltip moved with the cursor, it was impossible and got me confused. :?
Now, I know that it is just an indicator... but I don't see a way to make it more obvious...
ppouchin

Return to User Discussion