We're Hiring!

Tagging Multiple Images

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

Tagging Multiple Images

Postby awerneke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello again,

One feature that I find super useful is the ability to select multiple images to add a tag to. If I want images 1, 3, 5, 7 to have tag X, I can select those images and add tag X to all of them at once.

However, it seems I've found a glitch of sorts. If I Ctrl+click 1, 3, 5, 7 (in that order) and go to add tag X, images 1, 3, 5 get the tag, but 7 does not. I've tried this several times in various slightly different ways, but it won't work. The last one never gets tagged. I can go back and tag it individually, but...it's not optimal.

I don't expect a quick fix for this or anything, but it's just an issue I came across that might be good to fix in the future. Alternatively, no one else could be experiencing this problem and I'm just crazy or doing something wrong (crazy is more likely, it's not exactly rocket science).

Thanks!
awerneke

Re: Tagging Multiple Images

Postby cxallan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 am

Is this in OMERO.web or OMERO.insight? On what platform?
cxallan
Site Admin

Postby awerneke » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm

cxallan wrote:Is this in OMERO.web or OMERO.insight? On what platform?

Apologies. This is OMERO.insight client on Win7.
awerneke

Postby wmoore » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am

Final question: What version of Insight are you using? (you can see the version number under "About > Insight" or on the login screen.

We believe this bug is fixed in the latest version (4.4.5 - just released) but haven't looked to see which version it was fixed in.

Cheers,

Will.
wmoore
Team Member

Postby awerneke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Ah, we are still using 4.4.4. I will speak with our admin about server upgrade.

On a related note, I found the same problem to occur while trying to attach a file (experiment, .xlsx, picture) to multiple images. I'm thinking if the tagging thing was noticed and fixed that this was as well.

Thanks! You guys are mind readers.(Or, you know, just noticed the bug as well. Whatever.)
awerneke

Postby wmoore » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 pm

You don't need a server upgrade. You can use Insight 4.4.5 with the 4.4.4 OMERO.server. Just download it a try!

NB: I haven't yet checked that I can see the bug with Insight 4.4.4 (so it may be I'm just not doing it right). But if you can try the latest Insight and let us know if you see the bug, that would be great!
wmoore
Team Member

Postby awerneke » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Because of the holiday here in the States, I just got around to trying out 4.4.5 with tagging and attaching. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same thing. I select multiple images, go to add a tag and...it adds to all but the last one. Same with attachments.

Both our server and our clients are on 4.4.5 now, so...it should be working. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm still in OMERO.insight and running Win7. I've tried on 2 different (but comparable) machines.
awerneke

Postby jburel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

We managed to reproduce the error. I am currently looking into the problem.
I will let you know when we have a fix.
see https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9989
Thanks for reporting the issue

Jmarie
jburel
Team Member

Postby jburel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 pm

The problem has now been fixed and under review/testing

Thanks for reporting the issue

Jmarie
jburel