We're Hiring!

OMERO users

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

OMERO users

Postby icaoberg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I want to create an OMERO user who has access to all projects/datasets in OMERO. is there a group that does this? a member of the system group can access all data?

ivan
icaoberg

Re: OMERO users

Postby jmoore » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 am

A member of the system group is an admin and can access all the data in the system but may need to do some extra work to do so. How are you trying to do this? From Insight, from a script, from the API?

Cheers,
~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby icaoberg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

i was given access to another omero database. i am using omero.web. when i do a search on the name of an existing dataset i get no results. i know the database is populated and contains several users, yet i can only see one user + root.
icaoberg

Postby jmoore » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am

Then you'll have to be logged into to the appropriate group for that dataset.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby icaoberg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 am

is there a group that has access to everything? if not, how can i create one? i just want to browse all the datasets. make a search on these. do i have to change my account to be an experimenter? why dont admins have access to all datasets by default?
icaoberg

Postby jmoore » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 am

icaoberg wrote:is there a group that has access to everything? if not, how can i create one? i just want to browse all the datasets. make a search on these. do i have to change my account to be an experimenter? why dont admins have access to all datasets by default?

Admins can access everything, but must log into each group in turn to have it visible in the GUI.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby icaoberg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 pm

im sorry josh but i am lost. how can i log in into different groups from within omero.web? i didnt know i had to login to different groups for this.
icaoberg

Postby jmoore » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

The drop down box in the attached screenshot is used to change between groups. For some clients, you may need to add the admin user in question to each group.

~Josh
Attachments
current-group.png
Current group drop down in OMERO.web 4.2+
current-group.png (48.65 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby icaoberg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:41 pm

i understand. so i should be added to the experimenter group. and then change my group login by using that. ill let you know if it works. thanks josh.

ivan
icaoberg

Return to User Discussion