We're Hiring!

traslate OMERO to spanish

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

traslate OMERO to spanish

Postby milensys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Please, Can you tell me:

-How I can traslate the interfaces of omero-clients to spanish?

-how do I compile a git?
(I downloaded tortoiseGIT)

Thanks you

Milena Silva
milensys

Re: traslate OMERO to spanish

Postby milensys » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 am

I wish generate other files jar with the code source traslating the interfaces in spanish.

How can I do?

Thanks
milensys

Postby jmoore » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 am

Hi Milena,

I've never used Tortoise Git, but looking at this blog post it shouldn't be too hard. Most likely, you skipped the first step of installing either msysgit or cygwin. I've done both in the past, but most recently I've used the first link from this msysgit page, which worked well. Be sure to restart your computer as it mentions.

Once you've got git going, the real work can begin. For each of the OMERO clients, there's going to be significant effort needed to refactor all the English elements out of the UI and into configuration files, which you can then translate into Spanish. The style of configuration will be different for Java and Python. Which client is more important to you? .insight or .web?

If you start commiting changes to your git repository, then we should be able to help you review your changes and most effectively get them back into the mainline. Or, if there's anything else we can do to help you get started, just let us know.

Cheers,
~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby milensys » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

I downloaded Omero git of:

$ git clone git://git.openmicroscopy.org/ome.git

I want to modify the source code to pass OMERO interfaces to Spanish.

I put the folder OMEROgit (1.45GB) in the Netbeans project folder.

Could you explain step by step how to do to translate the clients interfaces of OMERO.
Wath part of source code I have to change to traslate each interface, specifically:

OMERO.editor

OMERO.importador

OMERO.vision

AND

OMERO.webcliente

Is this too hard?
milensys

Postby milensys » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:13 pm

thanks
milensys

Return to User Discussion