We're Hiring!

Omero.server error

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Omero.server error

Postby brandon.scott » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:43 pm

I receive this error and i have know idea how to make it right i've followed the walkthrough instructions but i cannot get the server to work any help would be greatly appreciated.

adam-hoppes-mac-pro:Current omero$ bin/omero config set omero.db.user omero
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap
adam-hoppes-mac-pro:Current omero$

Here is the .profile that is used for this process. Do i have a wrong/missing an environmental variable?
export CLASSPATH=.
export PATH=/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin:/Library/Ice/3.3/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH
export PYTHONPATH=/Library/Ice/3.3/python:/Library/Ice/3.3/bin
export OMERO_TEMPDIR=/var/lib/omero/tmp
export PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/data
~

Thanks,
-Brandon
brandon.scott

Re: Omero.server error

Postby cxallan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:35 am

No. That's likely version mismatch between the version of Python running and the version of Python that IcePy was compiled against.

How have you installed Ice and IcePy? What is the output of the following:

Code: Select all
which python
python -V
cxallan
Site Admin

Re: Omero.server error

Postby brandon.scott » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 am

Thanks I managed to work through that problem the other night, and you were correct it a mismatch, but i have finally installed ice-py. I am now faced with i believe a path error because my cli.py wont load, but i think i've seen the fix on this forum if im not mistaken.

Thanks again for the input,
-Brandon
brandon.scott

Return to Installation and Deployment