We're Hiring!

image import python script

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Re: image import python script

Postby bhcho » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:30 pm

I have 8M file after I zipped it.
Could you tell me how to send this to you? I don't think I can attach it here.

BK
bhcho

Postby bhcho » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Using the java option that Josh told me above, I still have the error when I import 400 images using the shell script.
here's the output message.

2011-11-25 15:56:24,953 133209 [ main] ERROR ome.formats.importer.cli.ErrorHandler - INTERNAL_EXCEPTION: /share/images/3T3/RandTag/for_BK/Mito073P20Red/16/100$
java.lang.RuntimeException: omero.InternalException
serverStackTrace = "ome.conditions.InternalException: Wrapped Exception: (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError):
GC overhead limit exceeded
"
serverExceptionClass = "ome.conditions.InternalException"
message = " Wrapped Exception: (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError):
GC overhead limit exceeded"
at ome.formats.OMEROMetadataStoreClient.populateMinMax(OMEROMetadataStoreClient.java:2429)
at ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary.importImage(ImportLibrary.java:647)
at ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary.importCandidates(ImportLibrary.java:223)
at ome.formats.importer.cli.CommandLineImporter.start(CommandLineImporter.java:128)
at ome.formats.importer.cli.CommandLineImporter.main(CommandLineImporter.java:366)
Caused by: omero.InternalException
serverStackTrace = "ome.conditions.InternalException: Wrapped Exception: (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError):
"
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at IceInternal.BasicStream$DynamicUserExceptionFactory.createAndThrow(BasicStream.java:2243)
at IceInternal.BasicStream.throwException(BasicStream.java:1632)
at IceInternal.Outgoing.throwUserException(Outgoing.java:442)
at omero.api._MetadataStoreDelM.populateMinMax(_MetadataStoreDelM.java:79)
at omero.api.MetadataStorePrxHelper.populateMinMax(MetadataStorePrxHelper.java:117)
at omero.api.MetadataStorePrxHelper.populateMinMax(MetadataStorePrxHelper.java:89)
at ome.formats.OMEROMetadataStoreClient.populateMinMax(OMEROMetadataStoreClient.java:2425)
... 4 more

"
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at IceInternal.BasicStream$DynamicUserExceptionFactory.createAndThrow(BasicStream.java:2243)
at omero.api.MetadataStorePrxHelper.populateMinMax(MetadataStorePrxHelper.java:117)
at omero.api.MetadataStorePrxHelper.populateMinMax(MetadataStorePrxHelper.java:89)
at ome.formats.OMEROMetadataStoreClient.populateMinMax(OMEROMetadataStoreClient.java:2425)
... 4 more

"
at ome.formats.OMEROMetadataStoreClient.populateMinMax(OMEROMetadataStoreClient.java:2429)
at ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary.importImage(ImportLibrary.java:647)
at ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary.importCandidates(ImportLibrary.java:223)
at ome.formats.importer.cli.CommandLineImporter.start(CommandLineImporter.java:128)
at ome.formats.importer.cli.CommandLineImporter.main(CommandLineImporter.java:366)
Caused by: omero.InternalException
"
... 4 more
2011-11-25 15:56:24,981 133237 [ main] INFO ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary - Exiting on error
2011-11-25 15:56:30,945 139201 [ main] WARN ome.formats.OMEROMetadataStoreClient - Exception closing "8cfa1914-5f8a-4f77-8e63-03ad90d15804/80:2:cf:74:712078$

bhcho

Postby jmoore » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi BK,

you can either attach it to ticket:7286 or send me a private email. Information about the files would also still be appreciated.

~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby jmoore » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am

Hi BK,

oddly I don't see any OutOfMemory statements in the logs. Did you have to restart the server after this happened? Or did it continue functioning normally? Do these errors always happen on the same file? Or always on the same number of files?

As for the "Waiting for synchronization" lags, I'll just not that those have been removed in the 4.3 line. What does your timeline for upgrading look like? (Note: we are in the process of upgrading ASCB ourselves)

Cheers,
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby bhcho » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Did you have to restart the server after this happened? Or did it continue functioning normally?

I had to restart the server after this symptom.

Do these errors always happen on the same file? Or always on the same number of files?

Not always the same number of files but it seems like happening around every 1000~1500 files.

As for the "Waiting for synchronization" lags, I'll just not that those have been removed in the 4.3 line. What does your timeline for upgrading look like? (Note: we are in the process of upgrading ASCB ourselves)

Do you think this might be resolved if we upgrade our server to 4.3.x?

Best,
BK
bhcho

Postby jmoore » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:40 pm

BK,

I would assume an upgrade would fix the issue, since we've fixed many such memory leaks. However, having not seen an OutOfMemory in the logs you sent me, it's very hard to know. You might try adding the following option:
Code: Select all
-XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

to the server so that we can capture what's going on.

Cheers,
~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Developer Discussion