We're Hiring!

Importing .acff to ImageJ

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Importing .acff to ImageJ

Postby ucbtrmo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi all

I'm trying to open a .acff (Volocity Library Clipping) file in ImageJ. I've tried using Bio-Formats Importer but get a message telling me that there has been an I/O problem during import. I've read online that RGB .acff files are cannot be opened in this way, but this image should not be RGB - it's a PSF, if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
ucbtrmo
ucbtrmo

Re: Importing .acff to ImageJ

Postby mlinkert » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to open a .acff (Volocity Library Clipping) file in ImageJ. I've tried using Bio-Formats Importer but get a message telling me that there has been an I/O problem during import. I've read online that RGB .acff files are cannot be opened in this way, but this image should not be RGB - it's a PSF, if that makes any difference.

The best thing to do is to send us the problematic file - without seeing it, it's difficult to say what exactly is going wrong. If you need somewhere to upload the file, please let me know and I will send you our SFTP server information privately.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby ucbtrmo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks Melissa. I have just uploaded two files. When I try to import either of them, ImageJ also tells me:

java.io.EOFException: Attempting to read beyond end of file.
at loci.common.NIOFileHandle.readInt(NIOFileHandle.java:318)
at loci.common.RandomAccessInputStream.readInt(RandomAccessInputStream.java:339)
at loci.formats.in.VolocityClippingReader.initFile(VolocityClippingReader.java:126)
at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1087)
at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.initializeFile(ImportProcess.java:480)
at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.execute(ImportProcess.java:144)
at loci.plugins.in.Importer.showDialogs(Importer.java:139)
at loci.plugins.in.Importer.run(Importer.java:77)
at loci.plugins.LociImporter.run(LociImporter.java:79)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:183)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:150)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:127)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:478)
at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:336)
at loci.common.NIOFileHandle.readInt(NIOFileHandle.java:316)
... 13 more
ucbtrmo

Postby mlinkert » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Thank you for uploading example files.

Unfortunately, I can't even open them in Volocity (version 6.0, running on Windows XP). Could you please verify that you are able to open both of these files in Volocity, and if so let us know which version you're using?
mlinkert
Team Member

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]