We're Hiring!

Reading Leica .scn format from Leica SCN400

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Reading Leica .scn format from Leica SCN400

Postby theotherdy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 am

I am trying to get a sample scan (*.scn) from Leica but in the meantime thought I'd check here whether anyone has had any success with reading and converting these files? It's working beautifully with Aperio .svs files but my colleague is convinced the scan quality from the Leica machine is better.

BW

Damion
theotherdy

Re: Reading Leica .scn format from Leica SCN400

Postby mlinkert » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi Damion,

Leica SCN400 files are not yet supported by Bio-Formats/OMERO. We do have plans to support these files, as noted here:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/6562

If you would like to be automatically notified of our progress on implementing support for these files, please let me know and I will add you to the above ticket.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby theotherdy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Melissa

Thank you for the very speedy reply. That's a pity but I'm having a chat with someone from Leica tomorrow morning so will ask whether they know of any method to convert it to something that Bio-Formats will be able to deal with.

I would certainly be very interested to be notified of progress.

Thanks again

Damion
theotherdy

Postby mlinkert » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi Damion,

I would certainly be very interested to be notified of progress.

You have now been CC'd on the ticket, and so will receive an automated email with "[OME] #6562" in the subject line whenever we update the status of the ticket.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby nmccarthy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,

Could I also get CC'd on this ticket? Also working with some unwieldy .scn images.

- Nick McCarthy
nmccarthy

Postby mlinkert » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 pm

nmccarthy wrote:Could I also get CC'd on this ticket? Also working with some unwieldy .scn images.

You have now been CC'd.

-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]