We're Hiring!

Opening Olympus VSI Files from virtual Slide Scanner

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Re: Opening Olympus VSI Files from virtual Slide Scanner

Postby mlinkert » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 am

Hi Oli,

My apologies for not replying sooner.

The good news is that the latest error is the same as what you originally reported. We've since fixed that problem (as noted here: http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9618), and the latest trunk build does include the fix. If you're feeling adventurous you could try out the trunk build in Fiji, otherwise it might be best to wait for the upcoming 4.4.6 release.

-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby Oli » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 am

Dear Melissa,

No worries! I'm so glad to have such great people and software available for all my petty problems; you make our lives and our users' so much easier as we can benefit form a truly open-source solution for all these commercial formats!

I've re-downloaded all of the LOCI jar files and it works great! I'll wait until the 4.4.6 release before making the new version of our little actionbar available.

Thanks again for your great help.

Oli
Oli

Postby Oli » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am

Dear Melissa,

Unfortunately, updating the Loci plugins manually has yielded old problems anew.

The Loci IDS/ICS exporter no longer works and is stuck after clicking the "save" button.

Best

Oli

** EDIT

Actually the error is also in the distribution from Fiji Update

The stack is 4ch 16z and 1t, and is a normal imageJ hyperstack (Also tried with the Mitosis3d sample dataset).
Code: Select all
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at ij.Command.runPlugIn(Command.java:148)
   at ij.Command.runCommand(Command.java:97)
   at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Z size: 0
   at loci.formats.FormatTools.getZCTCoords(FormatTools.java:403)
   at loci.plugins.out.Exporter.run(Exporter.java:545)
   at loci.plugins.LociExporter.run(LociExporter.java:77)
   at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:262)
   at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:111)
   at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:187)
   at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:152)
   ... 8 more
Oli

Postby mlinkert » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Oli,

Thanks for the update, and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

We have now fixed the .ics/.ids export problem (see: https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/373), so the next version of Bio-Formats should work. In the meantime, checking one of the "Write ... to a separate file" boxes or using the 'bfconvert' command line tool should allow you to convert files.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Previous

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]