We're Hiring!

Siemens Inveon - Analyze format support

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Siemens Inveon - Analyze format support

Postby Joshua » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to open some files from an Inveon PET-CT which I'm told uses the Analyze format (.img, .hdr). When I do, an error pops up "FileInfo parameter error. Width or height <=0"

Any tips on how to get them to work?

-J
Joshua

Re: Siemens Inveon - Analyze format support

Postby mlinkert » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 am

I'm trying to open some files from an Inveon PET-CT which I'm told uses the Analyze format (.img, .hdr). When I do, an error pops up "FileInfo parameter error. Width or height <=0"

Any tips on how to get them to work?

Based on the error message, I assume you are trying to open files in ImageJ (or Fiji) - is that correct?

If so, do you see the same error message if you open the files by selecting "Plugins > LOCI > Bio-Formats Importer"? There are other ImageJ plugins that can open Analyze files (Fiji uses one of them by default), and my guess is that one of those plugins is opening the file instead of Bio-Formats.

If you also see an error message using "Plugins > LOCI > Bio-Formats Importer", then it would help to have one of the datasets that demonstrates the error so that we can fix it.
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby Joshua » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi Melissa,

I've PM'd you the details to grab those files. Thanks again!

-J
Joshua

Postby mlinkert » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Thank you for making a few datasets available.

As far as I can tell, these are not Analyze datasets at all, but rather something specific to Inveon systems. There are unfortunately many different PET/CT/etc. formats that all use two files named *.img and *.img.hdr, so it's easy to mistake one for another.

In any case, I have filed a ticket on our issue tracker to support these datasets:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9930
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby Joshua » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks!
Joshua

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]