We're Hiring!

MetaFluor Import?

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

MetaFluor Import?

Postby Tardigrada » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello,

I am new to the use of OMERO, but can easily see it's use for the archiving of imaging data.

A lot of my work includes live cell imaging, using MetaFluor (Universal Imaging) and it's derivate OptoFluor (CAIRN) software. So far I could not find any way of importing data collected via those platforms into OMERO, whereas time-series collected on a Zeiss 510META can be imported and viewed as a movie.

On your 'future development' page I saw that you inted to extend the 'lifetime fluorescent imaging' facilities. Does that also include the development of an import function for further software packages?

And do you have a tool to measure the changes in fluorescence in several ROIs (e.g. each cell in the field of view) ove time, ideally also plotting the resulting changes in intensities? I couldn't find this function yet, but might just not have looked hard enough ;)

Looking forward to a response,
Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Re: MetaFluor Import?

Postby mlinkert » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Tardigrada,

A lot of my work includes live cell imaging, using MetaFluor (Universal Imaging) and it's derivate OptoFluor (CAIRN) software. So far I could not find any way of importing data collected via those platforms into OMERO, whereas time-series collected on a Zeiss 510META can be imported and viewed as a movie.

On your 'future development' page I saw that you inted to extend the 'lifetime fluorescent imaging' facilities. Does that also include the development of an import function for further software packages?

We can certainly work on adding support for MetaFluor/OptoFluor data, but in order to do so we would need to have some sample datasets from each system. I will provide you with an SFTP server to which you can upload data in a private message.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Re: MetaFluor Import?

Postby mlinkert » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Tardigrada,

Thank you very much for sending sample datasets privately.

I have a filed a ticket on our issue tracking system to add support for MetaFluor/OptoFluor datasets:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/4213

If you would like to be automatically notified as soon as we add support for this data, please let me know and I will CC you on the ticket.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Return to Installation and Deployment