We're Hiring!

OIF and OIB Specifications Documents

General and open developer discussion about using OMERO APIs from C++, Java, Python, Matlab and more! Please new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

If you are having trouble with custom code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

OIF and OIB Specifications Documents

Postby raisedadead » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I am interested in learning OME's workflow. I need to know what are the parameters in an OIF and OIB formats. Although the github repo give an insight into the code but having a specs doc would help. So far I know that .OIF can be easily read because it has a structure that has headers and parameters in .pty inside a folder along with .tif but in case of .oib its binary and encrypted. So is difficult for any one to understand without having a applictaion.

Bottom line: Can any one support me with the specifications documents for .oif and .oib format :?:

Thanks in advance.

regards,
raisedadead
killerinstinct4u@gmail.com
raisedadead

Re: OIF and OIB Specifications Documents

Postby mlinkert » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm

The FV1000 .oib/.oif specifications were provided to the OME team under an NDA. As such, we are not able to redistribute those documents.

I would suggest contacting Olympus directly to see if they are willing to provide you with copies of the current specifications.

-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Re: OIF and OIB Specifications Documents

Postby raisedadead » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Mellissa,

mlinkert wrote:The FV1000 .oib/.oif specifications were provided to the OME team under an NDA. As such, we are not able to redistribute those documents.

I would suggest contacting Olympus directly to see if they are willing to provide you with copies of the current specifications.

-Melissa

Thanks for the prompt response Melissa....! I guess i'll have to do that but I don't think they would share such proprietary documents with just anyone who asks! Still I'll try. Meanwhile I have started debugging the code and that, with some visible headers and parameters is helping me to put all this in an spread sheet.

Any ways thanks for the response. Have a good one!

regards,
raisedadead
killerinstinct4u@gmail.com
raisedadead

Return to Developer Discussion