We're Hiring!

FIJI plugin and Omero 4.4.4

General user discussion about using the OMERO platform to its fullest. Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

There are workflow guides for various OMERO functions on our help site - http://help.openmicroscopy.org

You should find answers to any basic questions about using the clients there.

FIJI plugin and Omero 4.4.4

Postby oldflame » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:58 am

Hi

I installed FIJI and omero plugin, but when I Connect to OMERO, nothing has happened. When I tried using ImageJ and omero plugin, I can connect to OMERO server.
Any idea what's the problem with FIJI ?

regards,
oldflame

Re: FIJI plugin and Omero 4.4.4

Postby oldflame » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 am

I am using Mac OSX and downloaded FIJI from here
oldflame

Postby mlinkert » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am

The first thing to do is to make sure that Fiji is fully up to date. Running "Help > Update Fiji" and then restarting (and repeating until there are no more updates) should work, though you may also need to click "Advanced Mode" in the updater, search for "4.4", and make sure that all of the listed files are installed.

If updating Fiji doesn't solve the problem, then it would help to have the log files from the 'omero' folder in your home folder.
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby oldflame » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi

I have tried updating until no new files to update, but it is still not working. I have tail the omeroinsight.log file in omero/log directory, but there is no changes when I "Connect to OMERO" using fiji.

But when I tried using ImageJ itself, the log file is updated.
Any idea what I have been missing out? I installed Omero Fuji/ImageJ plugin using "Install Plugins" menu at Fiji.

thank you for your help.
oldflame

Postby mlinkert » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I have tried updating until no new files to update, but it is still not working. I have tail the omeroinsight.log file in omero/log directory, but there is no changes when I "Connect to OMERO" using fiji.

But when I tried using ImageJ itself, the log file is updated.
Any idea what I have been missing out? I installed Omero Fuji/ImageJ plugin using "Install Plugins" menu at Fiji.

Installing using "Plugins > Install Plugin" is what causes the problem. The OMERO plugin uses many files in a specific folder structure; if you just install omero_ij.jar through "Plugins > Install Plugin" then Fiji only knows about that one file - everything else is missing.

Unzipping the OMERO.insight-ij .zip file directly into Fiji's plugins folder should solve the problem, though you may need to remove omero_ij.jar from Fiji's plugins folder first.
mlinkert
Team Member

Postby oldflame » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you. I will uninstall and try.
oldflame

Postby oldflame » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm

it works now. Thank you for your help. Appreciate that.
oldflame

Return to User Discussion