We're Hiring!

imported images are empty

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

imported images are empty

Postby rapa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Dear all,

as a newbie I have now managed to set up Omero43 on Windows7 Pro 64bit.
Ice 3.3, Phyton 2.5 JDK 1.6 all 32bit, otherwise it didnt work
I can access via webinterface and client 43 with a generated user account.
When I import images e.g. tif, png, jpg... I recieve an error message on the tif image saying java.lang.NullPointerException
All other files seem to be imported, but they are all black...

What am I doing wrong? I have searched this community forum already but havent found what could help me. So any help is highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Ralf
rapa

Re: imported images are empty

Postby mlinkert » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Ralf,

as a newbie I have now managed to set up Omero43 on Windows7 Pro 64bit.
Ice 3.3, Phyton 2.5 JDK 1.6 all 32bit, otherwise it didnt work
I can access via webinterface and client 43 with a generated user account.

Could you please clarify whether you are using 4.3.0 or 4.3.1?

When I import images e.g. tif, png, jpg... I recieve an error message on the tif image saying java.lang.NullPointerException

Could you please either paste the full text of the error message (there should be many lines) into a forum post or report the error directly from OMERO.importer or OMERO.insight? Without seeing the full text of the error message it will be nearly impossible to figure out what the problem is.

All other files seem to be imported, but they are all black...

Have you tried adjusting the display settings, specifically the maximum pixel value? If the images have very small pixel values relative to the maximum possible pixel value, then it's possible for the image to look black but actually contain the correct data.

Regards,
-Melissa
mlinkert
Team Member

Re: imported images are empty

Postby rapa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 am

Dear Melissa,

thanks for your reply. I got a reply from qa@open...org and am now using 4.3.2 beta and the problem is fixed!

Again cheers for your helpful comments.

Ralf
rapa

Return to Installation and Deployment