We're Hiring!

setting PYTHONPATH variable doesn't "stick"

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Re: setting PYTHONPATH variable doesn't "stick"

Postby manics » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi Alan

Are you referring to the patch level in the db script? If this is a new server installation you don't need to worry about it- just accept the defaults (hit <enter>). The only thing you need to do is create a password for the omero root account.
manics
Team Member

Postby Alan H » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Ah, good point...what am I talking about?

After running bin\omero config set and setting the db name, db user and db password the Windows installation instructions move on to this:

Code: Select all
C:\> cd C:\OMERO.server
C:\OMERO.server> bin\omero db script
Please enter omero.db.version [OMERO4.4]:
Please enter omero.db.patch [0]:
Please enter password for new OMERO root user: # root_password
Please re-enter password for new OMERO root user: # root_password
Saving to C:\OMERO.server\OMERO4.4__0.sql

well, the omero.db.version is 4.4
--> but what is the patch level ????

The version I've got is 4.4.8 so I initially assumed that the patch level would be 8 but that's not right. So what IS the patch level? This is a new installation, so I'm thinking that your message "accept the default" is what I should do.

EDIT - I went ahead and did that and there are no apparent errors so I will think positive and forge ahead.
Alan H

Postby Alan H » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Well, after wrestling with it some more, and punching holes in the firewall and realizing that "Administrator"...the default login in not the same thing as "root"...I can log in on the command line and via omero.insight.

Next up is to make two accounts, add some images and make sure it plays nice. If that works, then I think this is done, and I'll owe some thanks to several people in this thread who helped out.
Alan H

Postby Alan H » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 pm

We have a working Omero server running on Windows server 2008.

Many thanks to people who responded to this thread, and helped me out as I growled and snarled and tore out my already non-existent hair.

Alan
Alan H

Previous

Return to Installation and Deployment