We're Hiring!

Channel merge/color issues

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Channel merge/color issues

Postby arnecus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Screen Shot 2011-12-10 at 11.03.05 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-12-10 at 11.03.05 AM.jpg (90.51 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
Software (Driver): Nis Elements Br software
Sorware (Image processing): ImageJ with Bio-Formats plug in
Camera: Nikon Ri1 Color Camera
Microscope: Nikon Stereoscopic Zoom Microscope SMZ1500

I'm collecting some time-lapse images with a Nikon Dissection Scope with Nis Elements software. When I export the images to my mac for processing with imageJ, the colors do not reproduce what I see on the Nikon setup. They are blueish with back-lit samples and metallic looking with top-lit samples (see picture). I've tried a number of file importing options and merging with the Bio-Formats plug in, but the results are always the same. Is there a way to get my images to reproduce was I see with the Nis-elements software?

Thanks,
Arne
arnecus

Re: Channel merge/color issues

Postby wmoore » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 pm

HI Anne,

Sorry for the delay in replying - Melissa (Bioformats) has been away this last week.
How many channels do the images have when imported via BioFormats? I'm guessing it's 3, since it's a color camera, and they should be Red, Green & Blue?

I'm not quite sure what you're expecting the images to look like. Do you have a screen-shot of the Nis Elements Software? What is the file format called? We might have some examples we could look at.
Ideally, it could also be really handy to have a sample file image file. Are they small enough to attach to this forum? Or you could e-mail if you'd prefer?

Thanks,

Will.
wmoore
Team Member

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]