We're Hiring!

Omero web: "Error: PermissionDeniedException"

Having a problem deploying OMERO? Please ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero
Please note:
Historical discussions about OMERO. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/omero

The OMERO.server installation documentation begins here and you can find OMERO.web deployment documentation here.

Omero web: "Error: PermissionDeniedException"

Postby carlox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Hello!
I have installed OMEROWEB and OMEROSERVER on my pc.
Omero server works well but i can't connect via omero.web to the server. I have create the django db with the classic manage.py syncdb command, and a user omero in my django-database (sqlite).
When i try to connect with browser interface: i receive the error:
Code: Select all
Error: PermissionDeniedException

My Blitz-0.log file is attached, but it doesn't contain any error log.

My fs.out log:
2009-09-15 17:22:46,299 INFO: fs.fsRunFSDropBox - Trying to start OMERO.fs DropBox client
2009-09-15 17:22:50,105 ERROR: fs.fsMonitorServer - Failed to create monitor: 'module' object has no attribute 'IN_CLOSE_WRITE'
2009-09-15 17:22:50,106 ERROR: fs.fsDropBox - Failed to access proxy :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/fsDropBox.py", line 81, in run
    config.blacklist, pathMode, mClientProxy)
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omerofs_ice.py", line 311, in createMonitor
    return _M_monitors.MonitorServer._op_createMonitor.invoke(self, ((eType, pathString, whitelist, blacklist, pMode, proxy), _ctx))
OmeroFSError: exception ::monitors::OmeroFSError
{
    reason = Failed to create monitor: 'module' object has no attribute 'IN_CLOSE_WRITE'
}

My master.err log:
[15/Sep/2009 15:23:21] "POST /webclient/login/?url=/webclient/ HTTP/1.1" 200 2055
[15/Sep/2009 15:23:22] "GET /webclient/static/css/layout.css HTTP/1.1" 304 0
[15/Sep/2009 15:23:22] "GET /webclient/static/css/login.css HTTP/1.1" 304 0
[15/Sep/2009 15:23:22] "GET /webclient/static/images/logo-main.png HTTP/1.1" 304 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/Ice.py", line 790, in main
    status = self.run(args)
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/fsDropBox.py", line 81, in run
    config.blacklist, pathMode, mClientProxy)
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omerofs_ice.py", line 311, in createMonitor
    return _M_monitors.MonitorServer._op_createMonitor.invoke(self, ((eType, pathString, whitelist, blacklist, pMode, proxy), _ctx))
OmeroFSError: exception ::monitors::OmeroFSError
{
    reason = Failed to create monitor: 'module' object has no attribute 'IN_CLOSE_WRITE'
}

My OMEROweb.log:

File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omeroweb/extlib/gateway.py", line 159, in connect
    self.c.createSession(self._props[omero.constants.USERNAME], self._props[omero.constants.PASSWORD])
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omero/__init__.py", line 335, in createSession
    prx = self.getRouter(self.__ic).createSession(username, password)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/Glacier2_Router_ice.py", line 104, in createSession
    return _M_Glacier2.Router._op_createSession.invoke(self, ((userId, password), _ctx))
PermissionDeniedException: exception ::Glacier2::PermissionDeniedException
{
    reason = permission denied
}

2009-09-15 15:23:21,870 views-web   : ERROR    Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omeroweb/webclient/views.py", line 160, in getConnection
    conn.connect()
  File "/home/carlo/omero-4.0.3/dist/lib/python/omeroweb/extlib/gateway.py", line 187, in connect
    raise x
PermissionDeniedException: exception ::Glacier2::PermissionDeniedException
{
    reason = permission denied
}

Thanks
carlox

Re: Omero web: "Error: PermissionDeniedException"

Postby jmoore » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am

Hello,

it seems very much like the main server ("Blitz-0") did not start, which would explain all the permission denied exceptions. You said you had attached Blitz-0.log, but I don't see it. Could you possibly send it to me (or a zip of the entire var/log directory) via email? Thanks, ~Josh.
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby carlox » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Hello Josh!
Thanks to the answer!
Sorry, i forgot my logs files, i add the zip archive of logs files (directory: omero_dist/var/log/) in this post.
Thanks
Carlo
Attachments
logs.zip
(10.16 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
carlox

Postby jmoore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi again.

Your Blitz-0.log actually looks quite healthy, so my only guess is that you are either trying to login into the wrong server (address) which is unlikely, or the password really is wrong. Is that a possibility? Would you want to try reseting it?

Cheers,
~Josh
jmoore
Site Admin

Postby carlox » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Josh!
I resolved!
The problem was the login password: i inserted the credential omero - omero, but the server required root - omero!
Thanks for your help
carlox

Postby cxallan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 am

That's great, we're investigating the best way to explain all the users to people in the install documentation.
cxallan
Site Admin

Return to Installation and Deployment