We're Hiring!

Reading in Aperio SVS files

Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats
Please note:
Historical discussions about the Bio-Formats library. Please look for and ask new questions at https://forum.image.sc/tags/bio-formats

If you are having trouble with image files, there is information about reporting bugs in the Bio-Formats documentation. Please send us the data and let us know what version of Bio-Formats you are using. For issues with your code, please provide a link to a public repository, ideally GitHub.

Re: Reading in Aperio SVS files

Postby sac » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Actually, I've come up with an easier problem to solve since our last exchange. Is there a good way to convert an Aperio svs file into a manageable jpeg file (or something web viewable)? All I need is a visual representation on the Web at this point so that someone can see what's in the original file that's stored on the server. Essentially, I need to create a thumbnail from the original image. Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help.
sac

Postby crueden » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Is there a good way to convert an Aperio svs file into a manageable jpeg file (or something web viewable)?

If you have enough memory to read an entire image plane into RAM, you should be able to use the "bfconvert" command line utility. But if your image planes are very large, it is non-trivial. You could use Bio-Formats to read the plane in tiles, size each one down to thumbnail size, paint the thumbnail tiles onto a BufferedImage, then save as JPEG when finished. But we don't yet have a way to do this without writing any code.
crueden

Postby sac » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I will look into it further.
sac

Previous

Return to User Discussion [Legacy]