Dundee: Kenny, Helen, Roger, Simon, June, Jean-Marie, Balaji, Will, Petr, Ola,
Remote: Dom, Josh, Mark, Seb, Simone, Melissa, Emil, Wilma, ¸
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-3-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/wA1T35Ld/ome-files-0-3-0) (Sebastien)
5.3.3 largely done. Bugs and fixes etc. Ship ASAP
David leading release process. Hopefully Thursday
5.3.4 organising backlog
Benchmarking. Roger working on JACE on different platforms
OME File 0.3.0 2nd phase custom annotations starting soon
Metadata annotations, etc.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Josh)
- Networking issues around demo33. New embassy cloud upcoming.
- EBI want to migrate to new openstack
- Focusing on re-annotating (i.e. populate_metadata)
- Working with map-ann keys as primary keys is problematic
- Larger level priorities: importing, analyzing, discovery
- Next weeks/months. Maintain status quo of infrastructure
- Hook up other tools to work with IDR data.
- Human protein atlas HPA data new dataset.
1. [OMERO 5.3.0](https://trello.com/b/FoyfXCaf/omero-5-3-0)
1. [New Roles](https://trello.com/c/t0nT7KYa/133-new-role) (Mark)
* now added all admin privileges planned for 5.3.0, listed in card comments
* also prefixed light administrator privilege names in Experimenter configuration
* now reviewing “user management” role to,
* allow group leaders previous powers, like create user in their group
* prevent privilege elevation
Web api - wells done. Cleanup / stabilise
Jai Image I/O fork problematic for OMERO on Java 9 - server won’t
IDR meeting end of march. Jason to invite..?
Cambridge training June 29th/30th
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. iViewer - ROI editing review (trello card)
- Josh: [Rundeck users?](https://trello.com/c/Imw8Ci17/1788-restarting-petr-s-docker-created-in-rundeck)
- 24 servers on Beluga, now 7
- Balaji: 3 (1 active, 1 for travel/outreach)
- Petr: have some, but not ‘active’. Valuable??
- Seb: need space for performance tests with nothing else on it
- Josh: Use docker on Beluga, just need to turn other servers OFF.
- Kenny: VMWare strategy
- Discuss with LSC what OMERO VMware cluster spec.
- Comparable with openstack
- Where to move nightshade?
1. Smuggler (Montpellier)
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
Thanks David & Seb for fixing 64-bit TIFFs.
Design issue for read-only & scalability
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)